The Green One | 29.6" Powell-Peralta | TB110 | dual 6355 | Caliber 2 | 10S 14500mAh [serious]

I have them right next to electric longboards, and I almost never grab the longboards.

That might sway your opinion LoL.

If you live in a city, these are super great. If you ride long country roads, maybe consider not using these.

3 Likes

I’ll second this. In 2018 I wanted to throw one together, Brian shared this experience with me so I made one. Love it so much really stopped using my longboard. Like, sold the longboard. Miss having something with more range from time to time. But these builds on Powell decks are the absolute shit. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Also @b264, love the green one. Thanks for sharing you sweet bastard!

4 Likes

Just a word of caution to anyone considering Caliber E trucks, they’re bendy. Like the only reason I used this specific back truck is because I was lacking a couple key parts to do it a different way. I’ve since gotten those parts, and next time this goes in for maintenance, it’s probably getting a @Boardnamics 184mm rear hanger. If not, then I will machine a Caliber2 hanger for longer axles and use that. I’m not impressed with the Caliber E trucks, and I think I see a bend beginning to happen already.

1 Like

I feel the design of The Green One is MOST optimized for,

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark: nimbleness
:white_check_mark::white_check_mark: serviceability
:white_check_mark::white_check_mark: reliability
:white_check_mark: size
:white_check_mark: weight
:heavy_multiplication_x: range
:heavy_multiplication_x: cost
:heavy_multiplication_x: power
:x: longevity
:x: stealth
:x::x: speed
:x::x: appearance
:x::x::x: hipness/svelte/trendiness

higher items override lower items in the design

6 Likes

How could i miss this thread? :thinking:

Always asking myself looking at your builds why independent 215 stage 11 TKPs are not an option for you? They got a 10" hanger, dude !!!

1 Like

I would 100% use those if mounting motors wasn’t as difficult. The shape of the hanger is less than ideal for me to attach mounts to.

What we need is for someone to come out with a TKP truck that fits Caliber2 RKP and @Boardnamics and TB218 style clamps. That would be the shit.

Like a Boardnamics TKP truck. That fits Boardnamics precision clamps.

6 Likes

Easy to create, but is it worth producing?

4 Likes

With Boardnamics 184mm available, probably not. But I don’t think those are available any more.

The TKP does work a little better on short boards like this (The Red One is TKP) but I use RKP no problem all the time.

1 Like

yeah, thas true for almost all mounts out there i guess when itz about independent trucks. So we have to wait for custom build mounts for them.

1 Like

I just had this old broken truck repaired for The Red One.

4 Likes

Yes this is awesome. That mount will never come loose hahaha perfect.
i personally would feel much better with welded mounts. This fun on stage 11 and you are good to go…Or, (i know when somebody knows what hes doing then its you Brian,but) if you need squared hangers then Ronin casts are the shit. They will never bend, but mounts for them are rare, too. I know there is a mount out there for cronins, but i saw them on builders years ago.

1 Like

That mount has thousands of miles on it. The hanger itself cracked. Luckily, I noticed it before it broke. You can see what happened next :smirk:

1 Like

Dunno if I’ve asked this before but I’ve noticed you tend to run a wider wheel base in the rear than the front on these short board builds. Do you do that on purpose? Does it help with stability or something?

1 Like

Yes, that’s definitely on purpose. The narrow front truck helps keep it stable at high speeds. The back truck would also be narrow if not for the drivetrain. But the front one being narrow helps tremendously.

It’s unfortunate, as a wide front end and a narrow rear would look a lot better. But functionally, that’s terrible.

3 Likes

I think it looks like a little dragster :metal:

I will be trying this on my short board as well

2 Likes

An update on range-- went for a 16.4mi (26.4km) ride and the battery was at 36.0V upon arrival

3 Likes

with 10s battery?

1 Like

Seems about right. I did 38km on my 10s4p 30q pack and ended with 34v. At about 20ish km i was at 38.8v

1 Like

How tf do you guys get such good milage on such small packs? Do you remember the average wh/km(or mi) for that ride?

My average is 16 wh/km for a wHoPPinG tOtAL of 12 miles >:( (10s3p 30t)

1 Like