The Flux | 12s6p | MBS | Xenith | Dual 6374 | 8”

That looks great! I’m working on something similar.

3 Likes

That looks awesome. Did you do the glass frit yourself?

Sorry for my noob email to you by the way lol. I was struggling with the motor mounts but was installing them wrong and thought the pulley was the issue.

1 Like

No worries we all have those day’s.
No had it custom by @yelnats8j

4 Likes

like these ones?

Those are bearing spacers, which we all use. The discussion was in regards to thin speed rings (washers) that go on either side of each bearing.

ah, thanks

Holy fuck. $50 for fucking spacers!?

Who the fuck would pay that!?

Oh, I see.

9 Likes

would a shim washer like this do the same job?

I got some cheaper made up (about 1/2 the price)

1 Like

Davega X on the way. Received the battery today and should have this puppy running in a couple days.

Did a lot of aesthetics work today:

1. Loctite Motors and swapped to black screws.
  2. Dyed Shockblocks red
  3. Spray painted motor pulley and wheel pulley.
  4. Wrapped motors in CF vinyl.

4 Likes

Got the BMS and going thru settings on FocBox now that it’s fully charged. For reference it’s a 12s6p P42A battery.

Settings help:

The unity let’s me set the Max discharge current at 120a max. Based on the calc I should have a modest 150A cont and 180a Max. Not sure if I need to be able to put it higher than that.

For the the regen setting it at - 24 should be ok?
Running 60amps on 6374 190kv motors.

Any tips for tweaking some of this?

Also does this mean the belt is to tight on the other motor?

Also any suggestions on fitting the bms and unity together? I have the unity on the heatsink and mounted by with the two screws through the top of the unity. If I were to velcro it to the top of the unity could i run into problems?

Yeah, the belt is too tight on the other side. Loosen it up until it spins more freely.

1 Like

Thanks I got that figured out. I also think that the since one of the motors was running sensorless that had an impact on it.

I couldn’t get the other motors sensor wire to work so I decided to just go sensorless all together.

1 Like

So we are up and running. This looks a bit strange. Is it cause it’s running sensorless?

2 Likes

Yep

If you are feeling adventurous, properly setting up HFI with the VESC tool will eliminate the cogging you are seeing.

2 Likes

Happened to me as well,Check that your motor detection was correct, showed I was only running 1 pole. Reprogrammed it and it was perfect

1 Like

Or that part where it’s a circle and has groups of 3 little circles that are suppose to go around the big one. If there’s only 1 group of those 3 little ones then you gotta reprogram

1 Like