The Flux | 12s6p | MBS | Xenith | Dual 6374 | 8”

Do you mean it works only if the cell with the hightest discharge rating is the one with the hightest capacity ?
And in this case it’s the opposite so it’s bad ?

No it has nothing to do with capacity, the c rating of the battery is independent of the actual capacity. It’s like how the density of an object is independent of the mass of the object even though it defines it

1 Like

Is there any way to just spray paint the parts? The wheel pulleys are clear anodized aluminum, the motor pulley is carbon steel I think? And the M4 bolts and grubs are probably alloy steel?

Not to sure of anyone in my town that does anodizing, cerakoting, etc.

1 Like

Spray paint chips off really easily, you can do it but the finish will be mediocre and it will get worse with time

2 Likes

Does not using a speed ring hurt performance on these types of build or are they not necessary? Anyone know?

Maybe @b264 knows?

The washer helps the bearings have clearance and make sure they aren’t pinched. You can also get or make 0.2mm thick ones instead of 1.0mm thick ones. I’d highly recommend at least something. You don’t have to use them. Got a photo of the hanger end?

1 Like

Here’s the front truck.

Looks like that one doesn’t need the speed washers.

Make sure the spacer is between the bearings.

1 Like

how you make tiny washers? cut from thin sheet material?

Rub it on a flat fine file with your fingertip or thumb. Do that for an excruciatingly long time. Probably on and off over several days.

Or just find them to buy, but they are difficult to find and sometimes the ones you find are the wrong size. Search terms that work good include the word “shim”.

3 Likes

how many of these have you made :open_mouth:

:rofl:

About 6 or so

2 Likes

People with a lathe would find you extremely silly.
I would tape it down and use an orbital sander or whatever prob just order them I don’t have anything or sand in the first place/

3 Likes

The whole mixed battery discussion was very interesting to read until I realized that I’m not in the battery builder’s thread, I’m in @Mawzie’s build thread. @longhairedboy or @xsynatic can yall take those posts somewhere they will be a little more on-topic?

9 Likes

I just use 2 speed rings if I want a 2mm spacer.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a commercially available spacer for the rockstar hubs

2 Likes

I believe @moon had an order for them at one point

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Discourse throws out the famous 502 error while trying to move things. I’ll try on the pc again in a bit.

2 Likes

I did but they came out to be a bit too long

I do sell some speed rings in my shop

1 Like
3 Likes