The end of the FOCBOX Unity

So did Cory Leblanc @hyperion1

wasn’t public but still :man_shrugging:t2:

After realizing how so fucking important the reliability of the elctornics is, I don’t really care anymore. Will get Trampa and save me the trouble of waiting, now knowing, bad firmwares, bad support etc… It’s worth every penny in the long run. You ride while others keep exchanging control units and crashing…

3 Likes

It actually states that you did not set limits and that you can do so. The Wizard has an advanced option section. One more click if you want to limit the Amp flow…

2 Likes

Oh wow, I can’t believe I never noticed that until just now :laughing:

Does that also set the limits for other ESCs connected via can bus?

1 Like

Yes, do the wizard, set a limit and then check the slave. You will see.
Please avoid to set current limits for the brake (batt regen). Good brakes are your health insurance!

2 Likes

I sent mine to seaborder but because there isn’t a schematic he still has it, if there isn’t an obvious problem it seems like the unity is a bitch to repair
@jeffwuneo is free to have it if it will help him

1 Like

i ran a few of those goofy website appraiser apps on here and ended up anywhere between $5k and $13k which admittedly was enough to buy tickets to New Zealand (my wife has dual citizenship there) after i sold all my stuff.

13 Likes

That just what jayjay originally tried to strong arm us when we wanted him gone. We wanted to buy the forum from him and run it ourselves…but yea, he asked for such a high amount we just laughed into the distance and came here.

3 Likes

When is the soonest I can give you my money? Can I give it to you right now? I can test for you too, I have a LiPo mountainboard that can chew through as many amps as you need

2 Likes

Not now friend. But I think can be ready end of February

6 Likes

So many people caring about the unity?
Why? It’s probably me but I cannot see the added value compared to a vesc6 or even a dual fsesc 6.6.
Its so damn ugly, isn’t exceptional performance wise, has been made by a company who is disliked by most of the forum members here, and is rather pricey.
Don’t shoot me, I’d just like to know why it has been hyped so much. The functionalities seems to be nice but so are the ones of my metr pro. Also my xt90s anti sparks never failed.

1 Like

It’s so convenient…it’s really small, it’s got a nice computer AND MOBILE UI that can do full config, it’s reliable…most of what we want in an ESC

3 Likes

What about the performance? Is it better than a dual focbox for instance? Does it support 40amp battery max per motor?

1 Like

Yeah it should, people run mountain boards and high power street boards just fine with them. If you connect it to a larger heat sink its pretty good performance

I mean between paying our very own Jeff Wu to make something that does the same, I’d rather that…but the Unity is good for what you pay for it

8 Likes

I’ve done dirt/mud hill climbs with all the settings at max no problems. Each motor has its limits set at 100amps

9 Likes

Because its the best vesc out there that looks the most as a complete finished product out there and has the simplest setup ever, solid performance and reliability at a okay price.

7 Likes

Are you comparing the unity with that shit Flipsky sells? Unity works, that’s the most important thing.

9 Likes

Damn that post was deleted before i could see it. Probably for the best I guess. Shame tho. Good to know who the assholes are.
Must have been acting like a D-bag for mods to step in and delete faster than 24 hours.

16 Likes

He got flagged pretty quickly.

WTF, Kelly? You saying we Exway slow?

12 Likes

no masta sorry masta, don’t ban me

12 Likes