The end of the FOCBOX Unity

Oh, nice to hear you got the size smaller. Last time I saw that thread you were estimating 150mm wide when the unity is 117

1 Like

How many amps it can handle will be the test

1 Like

Course it does. Smaller ESC means bigger battery and why you gotta hate on that?

2 Likes

160-200A continuous.

11 Likes

Goddamn that’s a high claim, I hope real world stacks up😍

7 Likes

Imho. The easy setup (through an app) and Integrated AS was the draw for me.

7 Likes

1 Like

No hate only contemplate.

I dont know… i bought a couple but the store still says 4 remaining…

2 Likes

Do you think you would be able to develop a roll-to-start antispark to go with the NeoBoxes?

2 Likes

Jeff (Bezos) must be like :chart_with_upwards_trend: damn these are popular all the sudden.

7 Likes

I don’t even get that far. The vesc tells me that the software on one of the vescs is old even though i fucking updated it 1 minute ago. Ackmaniac for the win. I prefer his dead fork of the vesc tool any day over the stock one with its 1000 features because it cannot do a fucking dual vesc setup right.

2 Likes

One side will detect for both, the other detects for one

IMO other than the original work of BV, the Unity represents the most effort put into developing custom skate ESC. It has many features which other manufactures are only recently starting to catch up. I am incredibly thankful to @Deodand, @blasto for the efforts they put in and Enertion for partly funding that development.

Hopefully now that Enertion are not in control of things we will see new hardware and more software updates from these devs and they will see a higher percentage of the profits, funding even further development.

I cant wait to buy the “2nity” and fund these great devs that support and engage in our community :slight_smile:

18 Likes

can’t follow

FYI: Using the new Flipsky Smart AS that has that feature. Works great. Early days for me, but @mmaner has been rolling one or more for a while now.

8 Likes

Yeah but $$$

1 Like

I still find it ironic that in his belt-driven days, Jason shat on hub motors saying they would never be good enough and were inherently flawed, and yet they ended up being his downfall. I seriously wonder if Enertion would have succeeded if the Raptor 2 had any other drivetrain. Sure, there were other issues with the board, but inefficient hubs that liked to spontaneously break with disintegrating urethane seemed to be almost a standard feature.

Idea for next ESk8 News article: “How hub motors and arrogance killed the Unity.”

14 Likes

I agree, an “Enertion eulogy” with a brief history of the rise and fall of one of the biggest names in esk8 would make an awesome esk8.news feature for jason day :wink:

@longhairedboy, @BillGordon what you think?

9 Likes

I use a dual 6.6 plus and if I try to run motor detection from side 2 it gives the wrong firmware or cannot read config bullshit, side 1 works fine after I update both sides separately