The End of Boosted?

I knew Foxconn was making game consoles, but I was surprised that they also make electric skateboards

2 Likes

might be perfect for my kid

2 Likes

I think North American companies are quite disadvantageous. Is it because of Trump that Evolve’s pricing in North America is expensive?
Battery cells are also expensive in North America.
It is clear that China has an advantage in ESK8 production.

1 Like

a ludicrously lucrative advantage.

5 Likes

I hope this topic doesnt get derailed, but i have never heard of a reliable BMW… they breakdown OFTEN and where parts are supposed to be made of metal, they are made of plastic… how’s that for German OVER-engineering?

3 Likes

I would like to inject that it’s different goals? The plastic are mainly for weight reduction where every little bit counts. Performance oriented. With that said I’m not a fan of BMWs, they’re a pain to repair. Would never own one. But I get it still.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few broken mellows but ok :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Really? Must be bc they switched manufacturing parts to other countries for making more profit, bc BMW managers were very poor back in the days and now they can feed their undernourished children again.
:point_down: :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Is very normal for car maker to use plastic part. Many dashboard is made from plastic or magnesium. Many plastic is no ABS but use PPA or PA.

Korean and other Asian car maker have higher quality now for reliable than many European maker. We supply part to Audi and BMW for China so know very well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow. What don’t you know???

Really?

He’s our man in Shenzhen, the sky’s the limit.

7 Likes

We will see.

1 Like

Now I wonder if I currently own anything that came through his factory :joy:

1 Like

If it ain’t broke then probably :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You underestimate my ability to break things. Not even he can make something I cannot break.

2 Likes

I’m referring to plastic engine bits of BMW, i see many pissed off owners and mechanics… plastics should not replace metal alloys in cars, i dont care which part of the planet the managers or engineers come from, germany or china

1 Like

Its not about the engineers, its about production cost.
Get it?

1 Like

The engineers probably had their families and jobs to keep, they were probably forced to agree with their managers who kept saying “we have to replace these metal bits with plastics to keep production costs down, maybe we should also outsource to china?”

That’s what i’m saying…

2 Likes