The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

I updated to the latest vesc firmware from vesc tool and the metr app says the firmware isnt supported. Will there be an update or do I have to downgrade the vesc firmware?

Check first post in this thread, Contents -> Metr Pro firmware

1 Like

Are you talking about FW4.02?

1 Like

Hi ladies and gentlemen
I haven’t been reading this thread nor do I want to but ima post my question anyway

Do any of you guys have issues when running motor detection with metr pro app/unity combo?

During today’s ride my master unity settings got wiped out while board was turned off getting some charge

Did an emergency motor detection with metr pro app but no matter what I did. I wasn’t able to get my motors to work with sensors
They worked fine for the ride home but did a little bit of twerking if I didn’t kick push the board up on take offs

Same exact experience I had some 4 moths ago.

Advice anyone?

Ps.
Ran motor detection once I got home with an old android phone and unity app and once again just like last time got it to work no problem

1 Like

With UNITY it’s a little special. You need to rotate motors by hand when doing detection. Expert Tab actually tells you that if you read the text. Did you try to do it?

3 Likes

Hi Roman.
I sure did that brother

Set my Unity up with my Metr Pro Unity today, also had twerking problems (sensorless though), biggest problem was with me on it an old lady on foot could have out paced me, couldn’t get any kind of speed.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk: I always run your app in the background (IOS). When the board shuts down there are always 2 warnings: Low voltage followed by Bluetooth disconnected. Wouldn’t it be possible if both warnings follow each other that quickly that it just knows the board is shutting down and give you one warning?

On top of that there is a notification mark on the app witch makes me wanna open and close it again so that the notification is gone. But maybe I should just remove notification mark on apps for that.

1 Like

You should be able to do it yourself.

• Open the “Settings” app.
  • Tap on “ Notifications
  • Scroll down and select the app you want to disable the badge notifications for.
  • Swipe “ Badge App Icon” to OFF.

The metr doesn’t know the board shuts off. It just know the VESC/Module gets less voltage than it needs to have to work properly. Same with bluetooth, it just know that it lost the connection and is warning you about it. The warning are pretty important if something happens and you are not actively shutting your board down. Do you receive them as notifications that pop up or are they just in-app?

1 Like

This happened to me on dual unity diy. I was riding especially extra and got to my destination and tossed board to the side and let auto power down take care of it. The next AM, master set to basic mode.

I thought I might have smoked an ESC. usb to vesc tool on laptop, fixed, setup no problem.

Similar thing on my lacroix with a metr pro I placed inside. I think auto turn off was also involved.

Both destinations had WiFi I auto connected with. My final sin, (and third “auto”) I think I had auto update…Maybe even beta update enabled.

No issues now, but I shut down metr when done and don’t rely on auto power down.

1 Like

I know all that but I’m just talking about user experience. Since both warnings happen simultaneously it could be captured through software, obviously only if possible without compromising actual warnings.

All that being said, It’s just a small inconvenience that I wanted to report but I understand if it’s not implemented.

Nah. It’ll happens here n there even if you manually turn it off.
It’s just a unity thing I think :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk

I’m not sure if it’s been told before but it says on my Metr Pro : Firmware not Supported

This only happens in the Expert tab and everything else works perfectly! I’m using Ackmaniac 3.102

Uart is enabled? Metr module itself is up to date? (playstore and module itself?)

Is it FW 0.0 not supported?

Yep yep and yep!

1 Like

I was wondering why when I use the discharge functionality, it would discharge for a few seconds but then stop?

I have motor and esc temp sensors, so those won’t be an issue.

Might be too low Timeout value. Check Expert tab, type timeout in search box. What VESC do you have?

3 Likes

In the expert tab:

Timeout 1000
Timeout brake Current 0

Using a Focbox on 3.65

Change timeout to 4000 and try again. Make sure your phone is in the same room, since it needs to send alive packets every second during discharge.

3 Likes

Hmm, it mostly made the stopping time a bit longer.