The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Is there any way to view uploads with the Map in full screen? Perhaps another ?format=map URL option in the future? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Just a map? Maybe leave stats bar and map? Only map sounds too boring.

2 Likes

That would be perfect… it would be a lot cleaner for sharing a single image.

2 Likes

I added maximize map button

15 Likes

Beautiful, you rock!

Anyone having problems with freezes, icon resets, disconnections without reconnection etc? Pretty much all of us, which is 5 people do. I know that 4.08 fw version and app version like 6 weeks old worked flawlessly I am at the latest update with fw and the app and it’s unusable. I turn off my screen on the phone, turn it back on and the app is frozen. It has something to do with unlocking the phone I would say. It never happens when one is in the app on the RT screen or changing settings… Please Roman fix this or give us the possibility to revert to previous FW and app versions.

1 Like

So I have a weird thing happening with mine and it’s probably a stupid easy fix.

I’ve been running my unity metr off of an iPhone X with no problems at all. I got a cheaper Android to start carrying with me on rides to track everything but it won’t find the metr when I turn the board on.

I turned the Bluetooth off of my main phone so it wouldn’t connect to it and be open to the other phone. When I run the scan on the android within the app, it never shows up.

Are you sure you turned bluetooth off on your main phone? Thing is, when you just bring up fast action bar and turn off bluetooth, it doesn’t turn off for existing connections. To really really turn off bluetooth, you need to go to System Preferences and flip the switch there.

Best indication that Metr Pro is not connected to anything is when blue LED starts blinking slowly (Metr Pro in discovery mode).

If you still can’t find when you Scan it, please send Settings -> Show Logs to support@metr.at

1 Like

Yea thats how I did it. I’m going to try again tonight and if it doesn’t work, I’ll grab the logs for you! Thanks!

1 Like

My metr is not collecting PPM data.
I have it connected via uart to my secondary focbox, PPM signal is on the other one. Is this why?

I tried running with CAN FWD and CAN id correctly set to the other focbox id where PPM is connected. this did not work either, should it?

1 Like

what does this red circle with a 1 mean in records? Does it mean a vesc vault was recorded? I did experience a vesc vault on this trip and another where this red 1 shows up.

The faults do not show up in my metr app faults page. The fault happened on an alternate VESC connected via CAN. and I have “Dual Data” enabled under “magic” Should I expect faults on the other VESC to be recorded by metr?

1 Like

With “Dual Data” enabled. I see temperature and amp data for each VESC in realtime data. When using records it appears to record one value is this the summed values for amps and an average value for temperatures? or is it the values from only the VESC to which Metr is attached? Is it possible to view the independent per VESC data from the records?

Using Xmatic I was able to get a realtime view of WattHours consumed this trip, in addition to avg wh/mile so far this trip. Are these values available in a realtime view panel that I missed? ( if not, feature request? )

I do note that total wh/trip is available in the record as it’s recording but this requires switching to another screen, i relied on that realtime view.

Further I note that the realtime view has a wh/mile realtime metric averaging over a short recent interval, but it does not appear to be have an average wh/mile so far this trip.

yes, I’m hypermiling a commute.
Yes. I need more battery. :smiley:

2 Likes

I used “can fwd” for a moment. and the faults on the other VESC got sucked into the metr app faults page. they have a timestamp of when the app connected to the other vesc. rather than when they actually happened. which makes sense. vesc doesn’t have a clock to timestamp faults.

so I conclude from that that even with “dual vesc” the faults are only recorded from the actively connected one and not the vesc over can bus.

1 Like

Have you ever modified your screen? by holding on a widget you will be able to modify the data you want in realtime, and the wh/km is surely there.

I’m pretty sure can fwd is four wheel drive, so you shouldn’t enable that unless you have a AWD setup.

Yes I found the other widgets. Yes, there is a wh/km but it is over a short time windows. ( adjustable settings -> magic -> consumption window ) and not for the duration of the trip. would be nice for a second widget.

1 Like

I think in the records current is the sum of both Vesc. Both battery and motor current values.

There’s only one temperature value. I assume that’s VESC temp and not motor temp. Not sure yet if the two VESC are aggregated, for example with average or it’s just one VESC’s value. Maybe I’ll do some better tests to confirm.

I have same issue. Using iphone 6 everytime i lockscreen my phone the metr is disconnected. I have to “leave it on” for it to stay connected. It wont record anything if my phone’s screen isnt active.

answer appears to be yes. connecting metr to same focbox shows PPM data in realtime view.
However this doesn’t appear to be tracked in records.

1 Like

Oh, thanks, I will fix that to query all VESCs when FAULT happens.

Temperature values in the record are taken from the first VESC.
But on Realtime screen you can see temperatures from all VESCs.

PPM is tracked in records, but only in web browser after you upload. And hidden by default. Click on drop down button to show it.

2 Likes