The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Solid green, red was on for a while but went away after a power cycle

I just sent a log to you guys

This is my issue, when I press the full stop, it does nothing, when I press the comma it transforms it to a full stop.
But then it won’t save either way.
1 Like

Ok, solid green looks good. So the Metr Pro is detecting the VESCs UART.
Can you also send the log file?
Maybe you can go to your iPhone bluetooth settings, tab on the blue i on the right side of the Metr Pro module and ignore the device. Turn bluetooth off and back on and search for the Metr Pro again via metr app and fill in the pairing code again.

@stan Thanks for sending the video. I will let @rpasichnyk know about the issue.

It seems to be that UART port, I moves it to the other port and its working again…not sure how that makes a difference if they are connected over CAN

I think I fixed it in the latest app update 4.1.10, please try again!

3 Likes

It works flawlessly thanks! That was so fast :flushed: :star_struck:

4 Likes

I’ve had some issues with my METR dropping connection all the time. What can I do about it? I went a known 12.8 miles and only recorded 7.5 miles…less than 60% tracking rate

My phone is an iPhone XR and it’s in my jeans pocket so that side of the connection is probably stable, and the METR is sitting ontop of my ESC in a top mounted plastic box so it’s not like there’s anything blocking the signal

Since the VX1 remote keeps a steady signal I’m assuming the ESC is staying powered the whole time too, it always a Bluetooth disconnect and never a low voltage alert

I trimmed the wires but I’ve always had these connection issues before cutting them short. The module is taped under the VX1 receiver, it’s gonna nice nested space between the headers and caps

Maybe I can connect a wire as an antenna to boost the signal?

Pic of the setup.

It’s on top of the vesc under a RF receiver. I’m not you could create more interference if if you tried.

Move the RX to in side if the vesc and the METR to the other, at least an inche between vesc and both modules.

1 Like

Is there a way to attach an antenna to the METR? Once all the electronic components placed in the enclosed I’m planning to shrink wrap them all

Nope, you have to order it with the antenna. It has to be a very specific length, resistance, etc.

1 Like

Ugh… What’s the chance I can get it kinda cheap if I as nicely in Parts Wanted?

1 Like

Unlikely. Very few METR’s see the used market. Ask in the METR thread.

3 Likes

Any reason why my gps/location wont record? I have my location on in the settings and it is on always for the app. I didnt see the a map on the recorded rides. Using iphone 6 unity module

The same problem with GPS on android 10. No location is recorded since last week.

I confirm there is location missing in the records. I am investigating how I managed to break it!

Update: fixed and being submitted to App Stores!

7 Likes

I can confirm it’s working now, thanks!

Good morning fine ladies and gents. I have a quick question
What does this setting do!?
Thanks in advance
Any input will be highly appreciated

1 Like

From the VESC Tool:

MCCONF_L_SLOW_ABS_OVERCURRENT
Use the filtered current for the ABS max fault code.
Will not trigger as easily on very short spikes.

Not sure what this does. Most likely VESC will not react as fast on very high currents and do some filtering before falling into the error state

3 Likes

Any news on this? Sounds promising

1 Like

Stand alone data logging please :grin:

1 Like