The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

When active bluetooth connection goes down, Metr Pro automatically goes into discovery mode. Just force close Metr app on your old phone. You can also go into System settings -> Bluetooth and turn off bluetooth completely on your old phone.

I did that already without success, even went as far as to make my old phone ‘forget’ metr pro from its bluetooth devices.

Is the metr pro compatible with android 10?

Yes. One more thing, check that you grant location permission to Metr app before scanning

1 Like

Set the Metr app location permissions to ‘always’ and still nothing after scanning :frowning:

So i’m just gonna write out everything im doing maybe you can add to it:

1. connect to metr via my old phone
  2. make sure in the settings the name is still “Metr Pro”
  3. close metr manually
  4. in bluetooth settings, i select ‘forget device’ to make old phone forget the Metr
  5. in new phone, i have ensure metr is granted location access
  6. on new phone i open metr, it says ‘disconnected’ on the realtime screen.
    (when i go to settings, the Metr Pro is in the list and the box is ticked, but when i click on the gear, it can’t show me any info on the installed firmware version)
  7. i click scan ( at this point the list goes blank and the dots under it appear indicating a searching
  8. the searching ends after a while and the list remains empty.

Things i have tried in addition:

• inbetween ‘forgetting’ the device on my old phone and trying to search on new phone, i switched the board off and on, no difference.

• multiple times closed the app on new phone to relaunch it, and search again, sometimes with turning bluetooth off and on again inbetween.

Metr Pro version 1.0
app version 4.1.3
metr firmware: 4.8

and in the realtime screen it says:
Metr Pro connected
dual 410 FW3.38

What is left for me to try?

Open Metr app -> Show Logs on the new phone and send to support@metr.at

sent the logs!

1 Like

esk8 confession: I have no issues using the OG Metr I bought used with my phone (Pixel 2 XL) running Android 10.

So I managed to connect the metr pro to my new phone by doing the following:

Go to bluetooth settings > search devices > turn board on and select metr pro from the list.
When connecting, a popup appears and I entered the code, connection successful.

Then opening the Metr app, still didn’t show the metr as connected, so closed the app > went into bluetooth settings again, removed the metr pro by selecting ‘forget device’.

Now opening the app again, scanning > it shows up!
Connecting and entering code went as normal from here on.

Kinda weird, but I’m happy it’s working now.

@rpasichnyk any chance in the near future, temperature smoothing could be added to the settings? As of now in the realtime screen the temps are fluctuating up and down a lot.

1 Like

Didn’t know voltage and temperature are the same?

@rpasichnyk @hexakopter I think this is a new bug, at least I don’t remember behaving that way

When you are in Metr, and minimize it or go to another app, you come back and it’s on the realtime screen, I swear that in the past it stayed in the previous screen you was

Could you guys take a look please?

2 Likes

Yeah I thought it used to too.

But I only started to notice it being weird when I’m switching from the records page to upload and then go back after a little while.
If I switch back immediately metr will still show me the record from which I was uploading.

1 Like

It is supposed to be this way. When you use Expert / Modes, realtime data updates are paused (not to interfere with motor/app configuration). I did it because sometimes mode failed to apply due to continuous RT requests.

The app switches back to Realtime screen to resume realtime data, because a lot of times you change mode and minimise the app and then wonder why you have no record.

1 Like

Is there anything I didn’t to right here? It shows 14% but it’s much more in reality.
I did enter that I have a 12s battery.

3.43 V per cell unloaded is almost empty, what cell are you using?

1 Like

3.43v is around 30%
I am using sanyo ncr20700.
Full voltage should be around 4.2 and a completely dead setup would be at 3.0

If your cells do not match predefined battery curves, you can change to custom and edit voltages for each 10%

7 Likes

Discharge curves are far from linear, and usually starts to drop a lot at the end

For your cell 14% @ 3.43 V looks about right, but you can use this information to tweak it

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sanyo%20NCR20700B%204000mAh%20(Red)%20UK.html

3 Likes

It doesn’t really save the setting, every time I enter something and leave the page, it reset to this thing.

@rpasichnyk I’m getting some issues with my METR, it’s connected but there is no date transfer either way, what should I do?

1 Like

What app version are you running? I tested with latest 4.1.9 and for me it is saving the changes that I fill in the custom fields. Please send the log to support@metr.at when you still have the problem with latest app version.

What are the three LEDs showing on the Metr Pro? Is the green LED solid on?