The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

I just got my first Metr. Plugged in and it worked instantly. One issue: the map view shows a few data points (start point, pause points etc) but doesn’t draw the blue line along my path of travel. Is there a trick to getting that part to work?

I don’t know why but the current was just stuck at 655A, and the BMS is bypassed discharge. Should be zero.

2 Likes

@clistpdx check first post -> Frequent issues -> Location not recorded

@JoeyZ5 thanks for reporting, haven’t seen this before. Does it always show big value? Or was it just one time issue?

2 Likes

Yes. I checked that already. I will do a few more rides this week and see if it wasn’t just a one-time issue.

1 Like

It was a one time issue, though that one time was rare as the BMS often never connected. I think it may be my BMS though as the signal is very poor recently with my phone too.

2 Likes

I got a new phone, installed metr and can’t seem to find the dark theme in the newer app version? Where did it go please?

The theme is system based.

1 Like

There always was a dark theme option that went away with the one before last app update…

The switch has been removed for a while now. Now it adapts to your system theme. I do prefer the manual switch option since i run certain apps in dark and others in light mode

2 Likes

I see, thank you. DOn’t understand why the option was put away but I do use the same theme throughout so problem solved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

rpasichnyk What kind of RF connector are you using on the metr pro unity? I have the external antenna version and I’m still having connection problems. If I can get a longer coax I will try to get the antenna out of my carbon fiber case. Looks like an X.FL or U.FL but smaller.

Edit: It connects fine until I go for a ride and then disconnects

1 Like

@hexakopter can answer that, I just know there are different antenna connectors, Metr Pro UNITY uses smaller one than Metr Pro

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response. The nRF52840 module on the Metr Pro UNITY is using an IPEX MHF3 connector.

3 Likes

Question why is max consumption so freaking high

That is a glitch. Btw nice map, looks like you were escaping the maze and checking all possible exits :grin:

7 Likes

Oh ok it does it on every ride just wondering

Turns out if there is any discharge through the BMS(which would be my headlights) it just reads 655A on the Metr app but not on the Xiaoxiang BMS app. Seems to happen every time I turn them on.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk hey Roman, question for you, does metr work with 75/300 HW? I plugged it into my spintend, and it connected ok, but didn’t give me telemetry.

1 Like

I think it have custom firmware?

2 Likes

Lol does anyone know where I can find this custom firmware :sweat_smile: