The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

^?

Looks good. Check “Location” and “Notification” permissions in Android settings for metr app, did you grant them?

2 Likes

↑ I Think permissions are granted.

2 Likes

This has happened to me before too. Sporadic and really no idea why it happens, sometimes it just doesn’t have a map on a particular record

2 Likes

I’ve managed to solve that problem for me
Just don’t connect to Metr somewhere inside your house (seems like if you start it without any GPS satellites being seen - it won’t record location for the whole ride)
Go outside and then start Metr app

1 Like

Also disable all battery/memory optimisation for Metr app

1 Like

Can’t relate to that :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get my metr to read my battery voltage correctly? I have a 10s8p 36v battery my metr reads 42 v at full charge . I have changed the battery setting to custom ( 3.6 v per cell @100 percent charge)and voltage reading stays the same at 42v . The percentage reading changes to 100 percent.

that is correct.

why tho? 100% is 4.2

that is correct.

If you change the reading (%) you might have to restart the app.

Other than that, your battery is at 100% with 42v
3.6v is the nominal voltage.

6 Likes

Ah . I understand now . I was confused and thought the nominal voltage was full capacity.:+1: Thank you for clearing this up

2 Likes

I am trying to set FlexiBMS cell balancing voltage with Metr. FlexiBMS is at FW 0.9, Metr Pro Unity module at 5.22 and the Andoid app is v 4.6.11.

I can read the config but when saving new parameter, it gives an error. Suggestions on what to try next?

Make sure you save while not charging. If you try to save new flexi parameters during charging it will not work. Disconnect charger, change parameters, connect charger.

1 Like

Oh, right, I was charging. However, the FlexiBMS disappears from CAN bus if I am not charging so that’s a challenge… Just tried it and I cannot even read params if I have charger connected, then disconnect charger, then try to read. It gives the same error.

I was not aware of that. Maybe a bug in FlexiBMS firmware? Or is it intended behaviour?

There is a setting in FlexiBMS firmware to keep it on even after charging - “Always 5V”

I guess it’s intended, or maybe not. Gotta ask @SimosMCmuffin. :man_shrugging:

Does it replace OPTO-ENABLE wire in the CAN connector without saving the settings? Because if it doesn’t, then he will not be able to save this setting. :smiley:

3 Likes

After rewriting the data a little from the expert mode, it looks like this. Is this bug FlexiBMS or metr?
The only rewritten item is Team cell voltage.

5 Likes

It was fixed when I turned the power off and then on again after 1 hour without doing anything. It seems that it was a temporary phenomenon.

5 Likes

So i finally found the issue x)
It seems that my kevlar jeans are a perfect protection against gps signal x)

4 Likes

At least now you know that the government can’t find the longitude and latitude of your junk

5 Likes

@rpasichnyk I’ve got a HUAWEI P30 Pro and it’s a pain to get data sent to my SONY SMARTWATCH. I always open the app on the watch first, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I tried to dissociate the watch from the phone, and then perform a factory reset, but now the METR app doesn’t even appear on the watch. I 've had another android phone before, and using the Wear OS app has always been so unpredictable, but it has gotten worse recently.