The Circuit Board | Moon Gears | Sender/Hummie Deck | 10s5p | Dual 6374 | Unity [All Comments Welcome]

Sender bros gotta stick together :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thats awesome! quite suprising its that smooth tbh. I’m wondering, how loud are those moon drives?:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Really nice build! I like the red truck as is :smile:

1 Like

Looks so awesome! I’m on my first build and have gone for belt drive, but I didn’t actually know gear drive was a thing until now.

Is this common? Many people on it and think its the way to go?

2 Likes

So gear drive is sick and the loud whine and instant torque are definitely appealing, but unfortunately it can lock you into certain wheels and motors if you want to keep a specific ratio. You don’t have that problem with belts and you def wanna go with them on a first build. Gears are sick tho, can’t wait to try moons

3 Likes

Right, ok I think my next build (already dreaming of build 3,4…) will probably be more rugged to take on off-road style, so this could be a good option I guess, and also many more months will have past so hopefully I can read some good reviews!

2 Likes

I don’t see an issue here. You can change the motor pinion, so you are able to use different gear ratios. Also the moon hub wheel adapter features different bolt pattern to fit multiple hubs available.

1 Like

Yeah Andy decided to buy almost every pinion option from me :joy:

7 Likes

Man it sounds so good.

Honestly it doesn’t sound much louder than a belt drive. It’s the frequency/tone that is so different. Belts are high pitched and kind of whiney like a turbo’d civic. These gears sound like a finely tuned machine. It’s not mean sounding like a muscle car either. It’s a well balanced sound like a super car.

Dammit moon just let me post the video or hurry up. People need to hear the angelic chorus that is your drive.

@swish with more gear drives coming out and becoming more affordable, I think a lot of people’s next build will be gears if they don’t have one already. Belts are quick and easy to set up and are very common. A sealed gear drive properly set up never has to worry about debris getting in and messing things up or snapping belts.

@Kellag good thing @moon makes a 3 gear drive for the smaller ratios :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah sorry about making you wait. Really need to make a thread about this :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love the sound of gear drives, I don’t ride with my usual one ear bud in when I’m on my gear drives as it sounds better than listening to music lol

3 Likes

My dude! You understand. That has been me while riding. Initially it was not listening to music because new board and safety. I have yet to pop ear buds in when riding it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

nice build it looks really clean

1 Like

@Venom121212 how did you do the art and grip and can it be done on a flexy deck?

1 Like

My buddy @sender does that. Check out more of his work here.

It will stiffen up the deck a bit but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. More protection.

2 Likes

I do it to Lacroixs and all sorts of flexy decks as well!

5 Likes

@sender how much would it be to get this deck done?

1 Like

The deck doesn’t really change the price as it is the same amount of work. But in the $175-200 range typically for most jobs.

Unless you are gorgeous female.

4 Likes

do i get a discount if a pretty female sends it to you :rofl: