The Box Titan |Bioboards deck|4wd|

96s74p, due to formatting it’s technically 16s6s74p, so 7104 cells and 497kg

6 Likes

wooooooooooow thats a lot of cells

@skyart its your challenge to beat that

2 Likes

Does this mean we finally have a board with a large enough battery to qualify for the electric car tax credit form 8936? The requirements are:

This is a new vehicle with at least four wheels that:

• Is propelled to a significant extent by an electric motor that draws electricity from a battery that has a capacity of not less than 4 kilowatt hours and is capable of being recharged from an external source of electricity, and
  • Has a gross vehicle weight of less than 14,000 pounds.

I guess it would still need a certification, but if it works that would be pretty funny.

12 Likes

Looooool! 4kw! Ok here we go lets see if I can reach that

6 Likes

You need at least 223 50E cells, 14s16p?

2 Likes

Currently finishing a 2.8kw pack and now wondering if I should just buy some more cells and try to claim the tax credit for the meme… Maybe I could bottom mount my extra cells for it, but then again my build is getting to be almost 60lb+. Getting excited to post the build here in a month or so :grimacing:

Would be cool to have an ESK8 thats considered a car though :thinking: Get some tax credit to buy more parts haha, maybe it will pay for itself!

3 Likes

You need at least a 34 lbs battery to claim that tax benefit

4 Likes

Im at 29lb cells only right now… it is getting rough out here :grimacing:

1 Like

@Skyart u planning on mounting the vesc’s up top for more battery?

1 Like

What’s the cell of choice?

1 Like

I think I’m ruining the surprises lol. P42A though, cant go wrong with a good all around cell, really planning on squeezing the life out of them.

1 Like

Lol, no, everything is going to fit in that enclosure.

1 Like

14s19p…41lbs in cells alone :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think 225 cells is about the limit maaaaaybe 243 cells if I go with 2 stormcores

This makes it roughly 14s17p or 12s20p

Nah, all 360 cells and top mount the ESCs with am external balance

3 Likes

Lol the thing is ugly enough :rofl:

4 Likes

Realistically I think 24x10 cells isn’t unreasonable, easy 12s20p or 16s15p, should leave plenty of room for ESC + BMS on one end and ESC + dongles on the other

1 Like

At this point you could just add a transformer and a full power outlet.

Then it would be like a construction vehicle with the capability of powering heavy tools and charging smaller esk8. Like a mother ship.

10 Likes

Lol for a while I left a 2a charger in the enclosure, using the figure 8 connector and panel mounting it would be pretty easy, plus it’s safe since there’s no voltage across the ends even if it’s linked to the battery to already waterproof

2 Likes

That its pretty cool if you have spare space in the enclosure!! And also makes the esk8 more capable and versatile, as you don’t have to carry a backpack (even though I carry it anyway with tools and uni stuff lol)

1 Like