The battery builders club

Been slowly pecking away at my first pack

11 Likes

Ive been leaning on the search function and certain top blokes for the finer details.
Quite happy with it so far, but am bout to start what i consider the tough part.
Any input/criticism is welcome!

12 Likes

I wanted to use a llt, but opted for a flexi for the sake of having more space for bits and bobs

8 Likes

f…ff…ffff…first pack? That looks really good!

4 Likes

This is excellent

4 Likes

Thank you! ( and @UFOskada)
Its been far from quick. My methodology with anything im new to is slow and steady.

Definitely not looking forward to making a balance harness. Flexi does not come with one

3 Likes

If this is your first time doing that, then the actual crimp quality is the most annoying thing to get right. Or rather, consistent. Once it’s there, it’s there. But crimping JSTs of any kind is likely my least favorite thing to do in a battery.

Actually, I take that back. Pre-tinning blobs on nickel is my least favorite. It’s messy.

3 Likes

Nice gloves wanker

4 Likes

Not my favorite to do, but I’ve gotten pretty decent at it, even with 24awg silicone.
My first build needed nearly all custom crimped cables.

My “massage” customers demand i wear them :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hand condoms. To be fair to your customers, I would insist as well.

3 Likes

@Battery_Mooch @TheBoardGarage
Thanks for the advice
I contacted a company here in the uk who give legal advice so I can see what would be required to make me not liable in case their house catches fire or the similar
If I find a good solution to this then I will go ahead and post my work up in a thread
Thanks for your help

3 Likes

I would agree with this. There’s going to be a higher level of expectation once you start selling packs, so try to work as clean as you can.

With so many talented builders offering batteries these days, the bar has been raised quite high.

Props for not giving up after some early struggles, though. Good luck with the new venture!

2 Likes

thank you
100% agree
trying to test the waters and seeing where the bar is

so far i now know that before i can start selling

1. work out the legal aspect of things
  2. get lots of pics of my high quality work - not only do they have to do the job but they have to look as good as @BillGordon
1 Like

Aim higher. :joy:

3 Likes

what… as good @Battery_Mooch
i think the bar may be a bit to high

2 Likes

I could smear shit on the toilet wall that would look better than Bill

4 Likes

well you got a pretty nice toilet wall :laughing:

I’ve been pursuing the same goals, but my strategy is to just keep building a lot of packs and maybe selling them locally or if someone really wants one, then after some people have verified my work only then would I start advertising or actively looking for pack building work. This seems like an extremely reputation-based industry so building that is key.

People on here who post consistently super clean battery builds are my inspiration here, I want to be that level.

1 Like

TAKE PHOTOS THROUGHOUT AND POST PHOTOS AS YOU BUILD.

I will not take anyone’s batteries seriously unless they’re willing to post it all on here.

If it’s not good enough for this thread it’s not good enough to sell.

8 Likes

Who, me?
I can’t build packs (not well), I just test the cells. The pack building I leave to the experts. :grin:

9 Likes