The battery builders club

Yeah so you’re basically fine then, for safe measure you can capacity test them all, and then use repackr to spread out the capacities

This can help too

Bigger p-groups isn’t doable for the application, but they’re 9A cells and I intend to do 4p so I should be able to draw at least 30a just fine, even if the cells have weakened a bit.

1 Like

This… although if it’s only a mild flex board I still like to wrap the whole thing… I would rather the flex come out of somewhere else than my battery. Like the flux gen 1 for instance… I don’t think that really needs a segmented enclosure… but it comes with one so I use it. :joy:

1 Like

#shotsfired

when making my battery where should I put my loop key.

Usually on the positive lead between the battery and esc

do I put in the battery lead, like between the battery and the xt90.

Not sure I understand what you’re asking

I think I understand what’s being asked… But I’ve never put a loop key right into a battery.

You can do it like that, or you can do it after the xt90.

If you have the space to do so, i’d recommend having the xt90 hardwired to the battery and then the loop key after that.

Having a loop key hard wired to the battery is less than ideal for future maintenance, i often use a bullet connector in this circumstance

2 Likes

How do I put a loop key after the battery? Do I need 3 xt90’s to do that?
Also I am using an anti-spark xt90 as the battery main connector and another anti spark xt90 as a loop key.

You don’t need an antispark on the battery if you are using a loop key, doesnt hurt tho

1 Like

My recommendation for a minimum-viable solution would be a cheap Aliexpress capacity tester/electronic load like this one. 9.99A 60W 30V Constant Current Electronic Load Discharge Battery Capacity Tester|batteri|battery curvebattery powered night light - AliExpress

Not only can it act as a variable load (good for checking if a cell will handle a specific discharge rate), it also can measure the actual capacity of a cell in mAh.

2 Likes

looking for lipos
12-15s and roughly 200a max
any recommendations for good ones without spending a ridiculous amount?
thanks

also for anyone in the uk looking for cheap heat shrink fogstar are now selling

hobbyking sells nice turnigy ones. 20% discount now with a minimum order of 200USD.

Code: PRESIDENTSDAY22

1 Like

thanks sounds like a good idea
maybe graphenes also

so i just completed my 25th battery (woohoo) and i want to ask i question…
ive been building batteries for quite a few local people and so far they have been pleased with my work and i think its of decent quality
definitely not as clean as super of the super pros out there but i think pretty good

i was wondering whether the experts here think im ready to start offering this service to the wider audience on the internet.
i would work on a basis of you pay for the cells up front (as i deposit) and i would send you pics the whole way through so you can ask for them to be checked by any expert if you want.

thanks everyone and try not to be to harsh

I got 2 because it was cheaper to buy 2 anti sparks than 1 anti spark and 1 xt90.

2 Likes

Not sure what particular legal options you have in the UK but you will need to limit your liability (forming a corporation?) or have liability insurance. If one of your packs goes up in flames it could take a house with it.

6 Likes