The battery builders club

Finally Made my first battery pack with NESE. I only have to set up my main battery leads :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Congrats on finishing. I would very highly suggest adding the NESE rubber screw caps or kapton tape over every screw head on your pack. Every one of them is live, and if you drop a screwdriver wrong it’s easy to short two.

1 Like

Thanks! I want to buy some heatshrink, but for now you’re right! I will put on some kapton tape

1 Like

As IF you would use gorilla tape on a customer’s pack :rofl:

Don’t lie to yourself

1 Like

Nice job separating and not crossing balance wires :+1:

1 Like

I have a cell group that is gray on the app and .4v below the other groups and my pack reads 48.6v on llt bms and 48.9v on vesctool.

Any thoughts?

Good work, may I suggest that you do something about the series connection between groups 5 and 6 sitting on top of the balance wires though?

Over time and many vibrations, especially if the pack is in a tight enclosure, there is a possibility you could damage those 2 balance wires

4 Likes

VESC is particularly shit at reading voltage. Take that reading as a rough guide only.

For a true reading you should probe your pack with a multimeter.

0.4v is a significant delta… i’m not sure what the grey colour means, i think it means that its not balancing.

Dumb question: is your balancing circuit enabled?

1 Like

Edit: never mind me. Its early, coffee not kicked in

1 Like

run the pack through a few cycles and see if it normalizes. Usually it does. If the delta gets bigger check the p-group for dead cells. Also you can set the BMS to always balancing, that will quicken the process.

Yea, I haven’t discharged it yet but static balancing nearly 2 days

Were the groups balanced when you built the pack?

1 Like

Yessir

That’s really odd. I would do what @Linesflag has suggested and cycle the pack a few times, OR charge that group individually

1 Like

Also double-tripe-check your balance connections. It’s possible one is a bit loose or something, and it can confuse the BMS. Maybe unplug and re-plug the BMS connector.

2 Likes

You’re right about the serie lead crossing over my balance wires…

So maybe you are still right about fixing that?

1 Like

Yeah i’m still right about that, but i said something else that was stupid :sweat_smile: so i edited it out

2 Likes

Aah ok, thx!

Sorry Mr. I misunderstood your message.

1 Like