The battery builders club

How do I calculate that ? I have 2x 6376 160 kv motors

I would bypass the BMS for the ESC but discharge through it for lights or any accessory, using a loopkey on the positive side

4 Likes

Lithium-Sulfur sounds intertesting

https://spectrum.ieee.org/energywise/aerospace/aviation/lithiumsulfur-battery-project-aims-to-double-the-range-of-electric-airplanes

Number of amps per cell X number of parallel.
For example 30q 4p pack can deliver 80 amps

1 Like

On most not no.

This is on a kart track with diebiems which can handle 120amps.

3 Likes

I thought diebiems was only good for 80a?

2 Likes

Pretty sure itā€™s 120 amps. It does have an 80 amp fuse.

1 Like

Errrā€¦ how do you push 120a through an 80a fuse?

2 Likes

Just squeeze it on through :wink:

Probably didnā€™t last long enough to trip it lol

3 Likes

Short term amps. Actually it is 100 amps more or less.

Electrical specifications

• Max load current +/- 100A for a short time, for long it is about 70A.
  • Max charge current 10A (with diode) or 30A (with diode bypass).
  • Cell voltage range 2.5V to 4.5V.
  • Pack voltage 12V to 54V

@JTAGG actually first mentioned it would do 120amps or that was the goal at least.

The tool did allow me to set it to 120amps.

2 Likes

Yeah i remember the goal being high like even 140a maybe.

2 Likes

The battery I have would then be able to deliver 160 amps, but Iā€™m never going to use that much, is it possible to set max amps in the vesc6?

Yes the vesc is fully customizable with how much power it drains and refills the pack with

You should read some articles or other threads as well. The a single thread shouldnā€™t be your only source for information because thereā€™s almost a million different ways to do/program/build something (maybe not vesc related, but certainly regarding the other parts of your build), and understanding those other processes can translate over to other esk8 tasksā€¦ Soon youā€™ll be a master :slight_smile:

^ this write-up is old, and needs updating. Li ion cells (18650s and 20700/21700) cells have great performance nowadays, but admittedly it still canā€™t always keep up to a lipo in terms of raw amps output )

(Imo) The most important settings for batteries in the vesc tool are probably the voltage cutoff, batt max and batt min. I always triple check these when Iā€™m configuring my vescs, and you should too.

E lmao I thought I was in another thread. Edited

5 Likes

Just wrapped up this beast a few minutes ago. 14s4p for my onewheel+. Fits in the laptop pouch of most backpacks. Made from recycled 30qā€™s from a pack that got some water damage. Stripped all the cells to bare, cleaned, individually capacity tested, re-wrapped, and put into this insanity battery.

Aiming for 50mi unloaded, 40mi loaded with all my camping gearā€¦ You see where this is going.

10 Likes

Awesome! The $400 153 mile onewheel just passed 600 miles! I wonder when I will see range decrease, maybe after a year of riding or two. Averaging 12 miles every day (450mi/38day).

Canā€™t wait to see your range numbers!

1 Like

Is this a charge and ride pack?

Yes, through a vamp style connection since the charge port wonā€™t let you charge once the external battery gets down to 80%.

1 Like

This needs a bump. Got mine a week ago and itā€™s fantastic.
Cheaper than a 4A laptop style brick from a US seller, yet infinitely better :star_struck:

1 Like

So, now that Nkon is no longer supplying our needs, whoā€™d the best/cheapest cell supplier for small batches here in the US?

Imr batteries or li ion wholesale. About 30% more then nkon though .

1 Like