once the pack eventually dies im going 12s5p p42a
dont want it to short while im riding though

was considering doing that with silicone glue
hot glue works then same i guess
was hoping a neater solution would be possible

1 Like

stl where? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There you go. :smiley: If you want to stack the crates you need to print the bottom rims separately and glue them on with super glue.

3 Likes

Wrap the wires with automotive cloth tape, that way they are fixated and isolated and they can’t rub against each other.

2 Likes

any advantage in auto cloth tape over something like electrical tape/ glass fibre tape

The automotive tape is specifically designed to withstand heat, vibration, abrasion, and abuse, whereas those others are not. Vinyl electrical tape adhesive decomposes and becomes goo, while the backing becomes hard and brittle over time.

6 Likes

cheers thanks a lot
will try to order some

1 Like

Old, stiff, melty electrical tape is one of the worst things on the planet.

3 Likes

100% agree. It’s awful.

1 Like

Amen brother.

Anyone interested in a cheap 12s4p from salvaged genuine samsung 30Q? Less than 20 cycles I recon, so they are practically as good as new. Just asking you guys first, if there’s no interest I’d sell it locally or give it to my brother.

2 Likes

PMd you!

1 Like

once you try this stuff you will look at disgust at “electrical tape” :wink:

1 Like

thanks man
gonna order

Yeah, Tesa tape is great stuff, I love it.

I will say that 3M Vinyl tape is very good also and has nicer adhesive than electrical tape.

Electrical tape insulates well, but it’s important to remember that it’s meant to be a cheap and plentiful option for electricians to use on wiring that doesn’t move and doesn’t incur any impacts or severe compression.

2 Likes

Does the positive and negative cable coming out of the battery to the ESCs need to be the same length? I want to route them on 1 side and to avoid loops, the positive would be a but shorter. There isn’t much space in the enclosure so it would be like a couple inches difference.

It doesn’t matter. At the lengths inside an eskate enclosure, the difference isn’t going to have an appreciable effect.

6 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation.

A bit late to this party but I wanted to mention something here just as a FYI re this. Mooch absolutely correct that Nickel will NOT rust, however as someone who works with anywhere from a few hundred lbs to a few thousand some years, of pure nickel 200/201 plate, foil or powder, I just wanted to add a tidbit:

Nickel will NOT rust if it’s actually nickel, it will however easily stain with rust, if it’s left in contact with rusting steel. If the two are in intimate contact like a plate of steel and a plate of nickel laying on top of it, sometimes the nickel will appear to be more “rusted” than the steel when you pull them apart. The rust will mostly scrub right off with steel wool or scotchbrite pad but depending on the surface finish of the nickel, can be surprisingly tenacious.

I only mention this because it’s been a costly mistake (pure nickel plate retails for around $60 a lb, imagine mistaking one that weighs 50lbs for a piece of steel plate), for me, being in a hurry and assuming something wasnt nickel because there was rust all over it.

Cans of cells have nickel plated steel end where you weld, so if you’re testing welds with some salvaged cells where you sanded the ends for example, in a humid environment and you saw rust staining on nickel after pulling it apart, it may be the can itself and your nickel is in fact legit.

Maybe I’m wasting you guy’s time with this hypothetical but, I just wanted to point this out. Test your nickel properly before using it, and you’ll know regardless.

14 Likes

Nah dude, you be teaching us new stuff, I for one, didn’t know, which is great. Thanks for your expertise.

Do you sell nickel Strip?

5 Likes