The battery builders club

Right I gave in and just got a chonky one, it was actually cheaper than the other option but the shipping from hong kong was a bit harder to swallow

@Anubis seems to have a source in Europe (maybe UK?)

1 Like

looking for a supplier also

I just get the 3" adhesive backed paper from 145P Tags and then cut it down with the paper slicer.i generally just measure what I need for a specific wrap, and then go from there.

2 Likes

I bought a literal 100m^2 fish paper and had it cut into a bunch of 70mm wide by 100M long rolls. If some of you in the EU work together you’ll be able to make it happen. Even with shipping costs it’s worth the price.

3 Likes

bought a shit ton on ali. it’s like a bit over a dollar per meter.

1 Like

shipping of like 6 months.

Nah. Just received mine today and ordered it on may 29th.

2 Likes

How is basic eskate supplies so expensive? :sweat_smile: I am going to make a couple comission packs and all of it just went to restock, how am I gonna buy new parts at this rate :sob:

2 Likes

I buy the rolls of 140 mm paper and got my mate to build a jig that cuts it to 70/70 or 65/10/65. Its awesome.

@Kram720 you got photos or video of that jig?

6 Likes

Is it one of the printed ones with a razor blade in it?

He just made it with wood

2 Likes

if he wants to give instructions i wouldnt complain

seen a couple places which sell 70mm for $1 a metre and 500mm for $2 a metre

if i can make a jig to cut it up i wouldnt complain

any chance of a group buy for nickel

im sure we could get 30mm nickel for like 40$ for 1kg (roughly 25meters)

Did you not just see the one Joey did

1 Like

nope sorry

why is this so funny to me

4 Likes

It’s all coming together

7 Likes

Apparently you can make phase wire management a lot easier, triple ~13awg in a single sheath and it would match up perfectly with a MT60s. Thoughts?

BNTECHGO Ultra Flexible 2.5mm² 3 Conductors Silicone Tinned Copper Wire Spool White 25ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M5VZXKH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1AA9MP50N4FM18KVV6T7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

I feel like it would be harder to cable manage/beautify an mt60 compared to a flat mr60. Otherwise if this came in a flat cable that would be perfect (3 wires flat side by side)