The battery builders club

https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Y-Lithium-Battery-Constant-100-240V/dp/B08RXW6WRD/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=4.2v+charger+3a&qid=1623030713&sr=8-4

2 Likes

I tried it again with less pressure and cleaned with ipa, max settings, itā€™s pure nickel from the exact steelcitystore everyone uses and I verified with saltwater. It didnā€™t work so I did this :sob::money_with_wings::wave::sob::sob:

3 Likes

@moddedlife I understand ya, I have a kweld coming with @klaus79856 sometime soon.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably try to sell it right after Iā€™m done my build. If anyone in Canada wants a k-weldā€¦ I will print the case myself and have it fully assembled so Iā€™ll be asking the price I bought it for :pray: unless people in Ontario want batteries built then maybe I can pay this off :man_shrugging: Iā€™ll put up a seperate forum post when Iā€™m done with it

1 Like

@moddedlife No way, you will need another battery for another project. Or maybe your life isnā€™t that modified? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

My wallet says never again. This is my dream esk8 build so I donā€™t want anything more. At least it was. Feels like a nightmare rn. My life is modded enough without that. With 3d printing. I make multimaterial creations.

2 Likes

What if I told you,

I thought I didnā€™t need anything more until this

2 Likes

is there a piece i can 3d print that holds the kweld electrodes next to each other to weld

seems like he uses some sort of TP4056

1 Like

Yes, but we just discussed the cons of using them.

2 Likes

would it be possible to expand

also i saw an idea earlier where people said they left the positive electrode in 1 place and just moved the negative around the cell (is this the case or did i misunderstand it?)

1 Like

Where is this discussion? Or please elaborate?

1 Like

@Halbj613 @Linesflag
In the comment I am replying to and in the one above it.

2 Likes

@blase thanks

also anyone know about this
should i move both electrodes after every weld or just 1

1 Like

Sometimes the positive electrode doesnā€™t weld super strong, so this is what I do. Basically the red are the positive and they have two numbers next to each other because you are welding the same spot twice. Black is negative which you only do once.

7 Likes

If you want I can make a quick video to explain it.

2 Likes

i get you thanks

is this always the case or some people dont have issues with electrodes?

also how hard should you be pressing down? only ever used a pen so never had to do pressure myself

Seems like it happens to most people. Do some pull tests to find out.

For pressure, you want to press enough to make sure the nickel is against the cell but not too hard as that can make the welds weaker.

I would suggest you not use any 3D printed holders. The popular builders donā€™t use them. They make it hard to have even pressure of each probe and also make it so you canā€™t do positive twice very easily.

2 Likes

ok sounds fine

thanks

one last thing is what is a good start point with the settings?
thanks

1 Like

I use 50J on 0.2 nickel on P42A, but it may vary based on your power source, cell, and nickel.

2 Likes