The battery builders club

Oh and it’s .2mm nickel

1 Like

try lowering at 20ms

1 Like

Any one tried using a punch to make a slit in the nickel for better welds?

2 Likes

Too much time imo, and a very good punch required to cleanly cut nickle. you can already get very nice welds without a slit with a decent welder too

5 Likes

Bro, this is beyond me. I don’t drink coffe and dont see the fuss with bitter water except that it smells good I guess.

1 Like

Totally agree with that, it is weird that someone would get dressed, walk a few blocks to line up for the same drink they can get a home for almost free.

This is just like bottled water, I wouldn’t on my own accord buy water (sometimes my wife makes me cuz I have to drink something other than Coke) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I thought this was the lounge :rofl:

Anyways good night people :sleeping:

1 Like

Sleep well my friend. :hugs:
peace

1 Like

Anyone know of some panel mount connectors, something to connect the bms wires for my external bms. I need a few 5 pin

1 Like

Currently building a 12S2P split into 4S and a 8S pack for my diy onewheel

13 Likes

Is there fishpaper between the middle cells?

2 Likes

looks like it, the glue looks a lot darker… I could be wrong though.

3 Likes

There is. No unprotected touching of p-groups :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

FIFY

3 Likes

A friend wants a OW pint upgrade battery.
I can build one but I don’t know the layout and details.
I believe the stock one is 15s1p 18650 and the chi upgrade packs 15s1p 21700?

Does anyone have pictures of the layout or other information?

Thanks in advance c:

2 Likes

I got you one sec

1 Like

15s1p P42A, follow the Chi video for where you need to remove material.

This is what it is - that one cell is sticking up because I didn’t remove the panels yet.

Here is @TheBoardGarage’s video, its very useful.

11 Likes

Wow that was quick.
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @JoeyZ5
:+1:

@Simeon
Remember the XT60 is wired backwards. Positive and negative wires are on the opposite spots as they normally would be.

And the ZDP connector and crimps are mildly frustrating. Take your time with them, screwing up one could potentially mean a restart of the whole connector.

Lastly, one thing that was helpful, was to leave the pack unwrapped so that I could properly distance the balance connector. I put the pack in the box, gauged the distance, then taped down the wires. Took the pack out, secured and shrink wrapped it, then installed it. It helped to eliminate unneeded stress on the balance wiring.

4 Likes

I take back what I said earlier… Those BHU 6Ah cell that I thought were garbage (1.2-1.7V) actually tested above 6Ah, one as high as 6.275Ah so I guess they’re just like that? Just really strange excessive self-discharge if you leave them too long although mine were from July 2020 but they didn’t behave any differently from the cells that had only discharged to 3.25V after being cycled just one single time.