The battery builders club

I’d want 24s5p or more. Running nissan leaf gen 1 cells right now. And I got those used for $40, so I’d agree $50-80/cell since they would be brand new. Still way outside my price range if I were to upgrade.

1 Like

what would you do with that much power ?!? with a 5p you’d have 1000 Amps potential ???

I’d want 5p mainly for the capacity. Got 40ah right now, would like to try to fit 100ah or more.

Controller pulls 120a at the moment, 150a if I re-program it but I’m lazy and it’s got plenty of power for me. 55mph top speed, 50mi of range, J1772 fast charging coming very soon.

3 Likes

there’s no way you could fit a 24s5p, in this chinese electric grom. Unless you have a box lower to the ground more risky if you ask me, would love to see that tho

Looks like I’d fit 2 12s5p’s side by side. You can’t really tell on that photo but my battery box is 303mm wide, and 2 C020 modules side by side is 258mm. Length would also fit, with a little bit of space left over. (good, my fender touches my battery box on hard braking)

Height would be the issue, 175mm of space in the back, but I need 217mm. So I only need to make the battery box 42mm lower to the ground? That’s fine, this is a street bike and I do NOT go offroad. Heck I’d drop it maybe 60mm to have a bit of breathing room and make the weight distribution even better. LOVE having a ton of weight down low since it makes the turns super tight.

I’ll stop cluttering up the battery thread with me dreaming about a battery I’ll never be able to afford now.

1 Like

just need to save some money and make a dream come true :wink:

lowering is an option for sure

Thanks, but it doesn’t work for my ltt bms :confused: no devices visible.

1 Like

Battery Compatabililty Question

I have this old dead cell

can i replace it with this cell

for a longer battery life without my device exploding? They are the same voltage, so maybe yes?

(it’s for a shaver…not an esk8 question sorry sorry :upside_down_face:)

Yeah, same chemistry, shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

cheers man :+1:

Send an email to james@lithiumbatterypcb.com he’s an after sale support or send a message to the aliexpress vendor if you got it on ali. Also the antbms app wont work with llt, well I don’t think it’ll work with it.

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t. Will send an email, thanks! Most likely the email wont work though, as its hosted by the same server as the website, which ist down… Oh and I got the bms directly from ltt.

1 Like

I called bigbattery.com and they’re refunding me for the defective cell. They did not ask for verification or proof. It’s not about the $3 but the principal. I feel better for recommending bigbattery now :ok_hand:

Also they offered to send me a replacement first when they have stock again but I said no to that because I had to forward the original package myself because they only ship to US. Luckily I only need 192 of 200 cells

1 Like

I will be attempting this tonight. Gonna make a XT90 bus and install some brand new probes.

1 Like
android apk

Android APP V2.1.1011 (2).zip (4.9 MB)

APP Software 2.1.1024.zip (4.6 MB)

Smart BMS APP 3.1.1021.2.rar (4.8 MB)

seems like I have access to the website, you have those 3 versions in APK to connect you’ll need to also have the position(GPS) turned on to be able to connect (didn’t know that the first time)

1 Like

Welds are still coming off at 50ms but take some force, but doesn’t leave material behind :confused:

Time for new tips

Edit:

Got the material to rip at 50 with sharpening to use in the meantime. What are the best tips I can buy?

7 Likes

Alloys 180 and 182 are harder and more wear resistant than pure copper (alloy 110 or 101), so they’ll wear down less fast, but they also have more resistance.

Basically you want the shortest, fattest electrodes possible, while still maintaining a good sharp point.

Pure copper is probably fine, as long as you sharpen them often.

Also, increase the pressure you’re putting on the electrodes. Either increase the spring force on that holder thing, or just ditch the holder and freehand the electrodes. That gives more control anyway.

2 Likes

just so everyone knows I’ve trademarked this connector as the XT90-G

the g stands for gargantuan.

1 Like

Do you have the stock cables and electrodes? I have a couple extra tips of those if you want.

How old are your lipos? And what is their C rating?