The battery builders club

No problem! I’m glad I can help this community. I’d say that aliexpress store is a legit source for wires. I will update if anything goes wrong with use of the wire compared to bntechgo. I don’t see any indication of it not being the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve realised I’m reaming myself on this one, but there’s not quite the width or length to fit 6p in any other way I could see.
What would have been better given the same size constraints? (67cmx21cm single stack, need space for xenititty, flexi, robo, and small buck)

6 Likes

Ho! I’ building a kit with the same concept has you with plastic socket (4P)
Did it worked well? Do you have a picture of the finish product?

1 Like

Doesn’t hold up to vibrations, the cells fall out and are limited to like 5A

1 Like

Well I had in mind to add insulation tape all around. But I don’t understand why the 5 AMP…

The contact with the cells have a very small surface area, it would get too hot

2 Likes

Does anyone have a link to buy these connectors so I can connect my bms? It has a 25 on the back and there’s 4 12awg wires running into it.

2 Likes

I had a teamgee battery around and is rarely used ever since I got the MTB upgrade. But I was planning to use this for something smaller…

What even are these…? I can’t set up the esc without the specs.

What the hell is wrong with my malectrics? Even at 75ms it just barely holds

3 Likes

what thickness is the nickel?

1 Like

Local hardware store but you will need a crimping tool for them

1 Like

600% agree. Past the point of no return but the Duck is right lol. Don’t do this for your first battery!

4 Likes

You can also solder them on.

It’s 0.2mm. It used to work better when I had only 2 lipos in parallel

Your wire is too thin there, and I think you may have to many connectors, try to make the wire between batteries and the welder as short and as thick as practical.

7 Likes

Do they calibrate? I recal my kweld every 5K welds or so. That seems to keep it more consistent.

I really hope you get this figured out :worried:

I had some similar troubles recently (the last three days, specifically) trying other electrode materials. Tried the KWeld probes, and then crimping the tips onto the 7awg cables, then making my own tips from 5mm tellurium copper rod.

Didn’t have much luck and got inconsistent results.

Back to the stock setup I got my better welds back, so I’m using that until my KWeld shows up in a week or two.

I’m using a newish car battery on a float charge though, so I generally get decent consistency on the Malectrics since my input voltage does fluctuate much.

They do not.

2 Likes

Found a similar looking cell here:

As for that one, the 9wh marking means it’s something like a 2400-2500mAh cell. Likely not a very high output cell, but :thinking:

Looks like it since it’s similar. I wish I had a battery discharger to see what amps it can handle before heating up.