The battery builders club

Does anyone have some good solder recommendation I’m running low on the one I got , works perfectly But I need a big ass roll. Is there 1kg rolls ? I’d be set for life lmfao😂

1 Like

HobbyKings silver one works really well for me

1 Like

Seems to be out of stock :confused: thanks tho :smiley:

@Battery_Mooch thought you might find this interesting

FYI All battery builders, from Fogstar:

If you follow our Facebook posts. you’ll know that we got a tip off recently of EFEST and their sister company IMREN ordering a large amount of Samsung top-caps (the metal disk that acts as the positive terminal). We didn’t know what they were doing with them, so we kept an eye on them.

It seems that IMREN and EFEST think we’re stupid enough to buy something that looks like a 25R and a 30Q without questioning the performance and what is actually under the wrap. Pressing a ‘Samsung’ top cap onto a grade B battery does not make it a Samsung cell. We suspect the actual cells used are a Chinese made grade B factory rejects. We also have access to these factory reject cells, but cells produced and sold for circa 60p should send alarm bells ringing straight away.

These cells are a ticking time bomb, and a ‘no win no fee’ lawyers dream. Please remain vigilant - we know of around 30k-50k of them are currently on the way to the UK. Threatening to undo all the good we’ve all done together in the last 6 years. We know times are hard at the moment, and battery supplies are low. But you and your customers deserve better than this.

18 Likes

Yup, I received the email too. :slightly_smiling_face:
Trying to find samples but in the mean time don’t buy Samsung 30Q or Samsung 25R’s from anyone except a trusted vendor like Fogstar, 18650BatteryStore, Lion Wholesale, etc.

These Efest and Imren cells do not say “Samsung” on them so while, at a glance, they look like a 25R or 30Q they are not identical.

8 Likes

This shit is the best, is a 1lb roll. Many here use it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068IJQI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Nkon is on my list of trusted vendors, too.

1 Like

This needs to get posted on Reddit and facebook for visibility.

1 Like

Working on a post for later today. Need to find out a lot more info first.

They are not clones of the 25R and 30Q wraps so anything more than a casual glance will spot the differences but I do want to alert folks to at least take a peek at what they are buying and, for now, not believe that they are equal-performance replacements for the 25R and 30Q.

6 Likes

12s8p p42a for the @Kaly doublestack enclosure from @eBoosted .

I reckon this would have fit perfectly, but I lined the inside of the enclosure with 3mm EVA foam and will be lining the underside of the deck as well, hoping to get away with a 5-7mm gasket.

18 Likes

Everyone shut-up and listen/look.

Kenda for scale

Single unit, good for us basics still slumming it on 12s. No server power supply needed. No complicated connection procedure needed. Your 6sx2 in serial lipos and large li-ion packs can finally get the charger love they deserve.

P.S. @glyphiks that balance lead routing looks sexy. :ok_hand:

15 Likes

AKA: “The Breaker Tripper”

11 Likes

…ummm I’ll report back on my trips.

4 Likes

Dude what are you doing awake at 2 in the morning?

Hell, what am I doing awake at 2 in the morning?

3 Likes

Got home around 1. I’m trying to sleep, but these ducks in the forum are keeping me up. *Dicks

5 Likes

Fair 'nuff

2 Likes

Go to sleep, I wouldn’t recommend building batteries at 5am

4 Likes

Tired battery building is an easy way to get a free fireworks show

3 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

To the prolific battery builders out there, would yall be interested in buying bags of just female XT90S? Im thinking bags of 10. Slightly cheaper than buying M/F pairs, and you are not left with a bag of males that you cant use lol.

I am selling them, so they would be black of course.

• Yeah
  • Nah

0 voters