The battery builders club

I have rolls of .2x25mm and .2x30mm. Pm me how much you need.

2 Likes

Throw the man a coffee a month to get the inside scoop!

(Shameless plug to support mooch)

6 Likes

It’s seriously worth it! Mooch posts a ton of awesome stuff, not just test results but all kinds of cool things. He’s like my RSS feed for awesome battery tech!

7 Likes

Use a locking washer and it should be fine

Or cut the connector off and solder new ones, even tho that’ll remove the warranty

1 Like

Hi Guys gunna be soldering my daly BmS in a bit just wanted to check there’s no C- so the only connections I need to do from the BMS are the balence cables and the B- for bypass ?

No, do all the connections that are in the diagram, but for the load, you need an additional B- coming from the battery

2 Likes

@ShutterShock Will that still bypass discharge as I thought that’s what p- was for?

1 Like

Load should be connected only to B+ and B-

Charge port goes into P-

3 Likes

Too add on to what Ryan said, your ESC’s should never be connected to your BMS. BMS’s (for our application) should be charge-only, meaning they are only connected to the charging circuit, not the discharging circuit.

For this BMS you will follow that diagram exactly as it is written, but only connect the “charger” circuit.

1 Like

Yeah unless you’re running a high discharge one like 100a and have your vescs limited

But you can run into issues with braking in that scenario because the BMS can cut power due to cells getting slightly overcharged

2 Likes

Here’s what was posted today:

Different league. Looks pukka.

8 Likes

Thanks @ShutterShock sorry getting a bit confused on the charger circuit and load circuit what terminal does the P- link to on the charge port?

1 Like

It’s in your diagram, just match positive on the charger to B+ and negative to P-

1 Like

Thanks a lot, appreciate it Ryan @ShutterShock

1 Like

No problem bro

1 Like

b8926c9329626626e69f27f44bd7215cbac93a43

Charge only Daly BMS “bypass” wiring diagram

6 Likes

Legend! @MrDrunkenMobster

Anybody selling a spot welder ? Malectrics or Kweld.

Done did it! Thank you @BenjaminF for the help!

10 Likes

Happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes