The battery builders club

Nope. I have many that are blue.

1 Like

I need to know my battery capacity in m.a.h. to set up my Davega. I have 12s4p 40t. Can someone help me out?

1 Like

16ah

1 Like

Thank you

So ive kinda joined the club. I took a cheap battery with some LG cells, tore them apart and reconstructed the pack in a shape to better fit my enclosure. I still wanted to build a battery.

Here is a picture of my very first welds!!! It’s official boys!

I was planning on doing a big battery pack but decided to have someone with skills and experience make that one. I had @RedBaron build the 12s8p. We kept in constant text communication and he answered any questions I had (and continue to have)

This is me further down the road welding in series

I still plan on shrinkwrapping and reinforcing the pack with foam and maybe adding some hard rails to make it sturdier.

4 Likes

One of the biggest take aways from this group is to always separate your P groups with fish paper regardless of the size of the pack.

3 Likes

I absolutely agree! This was a pack im not really planning on using, its mostly to practice and make sure I can get a working battery. I don’t want to spend extra money and time on a pack Ill most likely be recycling. I used what I had laying around but believe me when i say that I did my research and plan to use fish paper on my first battery pack I plan to build for use.

1 Like

Most Li-ion gets 350-500 cycles to 80% capacity (100% dead by most standards due to increased sag) while most lifepo4 chemistries get 1500-2000 cycles to 80% capacity but under careful watch you can extend it to 3000 cycles so in situations you can get away with it, I try and use Lifepo4 since even when you stop using the boat you can repurpose the pack.

I love doing balance wiring its soooo satisfying

39 Likes

That is some fancy ass balance wiring :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

14 Likes

Overachiever :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Love seeing someone who takes pride in their work!

8 Likes

GOT DAMN. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

How many amps are you planning on charging at?

1 Like

There’s a 10A fuse on the charging leads so that’s the max. The rest of the system is good for 20A.

1 Like

Is it normal that I am getting horny…

7 Likes

How do you even do it?!? My brain fails to even understand :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Fixed that for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Balance wires are so fucking time consuming. Im considering making a bunch of new KitPCB layouts and only building those, that’s how much I fucking hate balance wiring :joy:

9 Likes

I think I don’t perceive it as time consuming because I’m so satisfied by the cool patterns :yum:

I like balance wiring wayyy more than cutting nickel/fish and corner chomping

5 Likes

I definitely agree that seeing a really neat harness come together is very satisfying.

I just spend way too much time on that part, therefore drag down my total $/hr, and get myself one step closer to bankruptcy :joy:

3 Likes