The battery builders club

It might very well fit, but I would recommend using something other than 35e cells. 30Q is much more suitable for such a low-P pack.

(35E cells are only good for <10A per cell, whereas 30Q are good for 15-20. You lose some capacity - 3Ah/call vs 3.5 - but you gain a lot of power, and greatly reduced voltage sag.)

3 Likes

Good to knew, this deck is really too thin for any build 40km+. Do you know any deck similar to this that can fit 21700 cells?

1 Like

I want to use that battery pack for onsra dd kit. They are using 12s3p 23e in onsra black carve so I thought that it would be enough.

1 Like

Hello friends, I have a question. How many amps can a single nickel strip manage? I am being told by a supplier that 60 is too much for a 10s4p battery in single stack, and that battery would get too hot. How true is that statement? Any possible solutions?

2 Likes

Yeah… Are you really sure they are knowledge in this field though?
Conductor Current Ratings [SRO]

3 Likes

I found this, so it makes no sense. Should handle more than 60 cont

3 Likes

We will see haha. I will test the shit out of it

Draw a picture for us of the nickel/cell configuration and note the thickness.

1 Like

Maybe they are using thinner strips.

Ok this is a battery builders club and you’re asking about the specs that a battery you purchased somewhere can handle? Why aren’t you posting pictures of it?

2 Likes

Typical 10s4p config. They were worried that it would be 60 amps cont, but it should still handle it right?

2 Likes

That pack is straight up badly made imo… I would barely trust it at 60A and it needs to be padded and in a super stiff deck and enclosure.

I’m going to let people who have actually dealt with batteries is exactly like that handle this

2 Likes

Deck is super stiff and it will have heatshrink on. What kind of padding are we talking about?

1 Like

I just mean it should be very tightly held with foam and compressed some. If the pack gets vibration it can loose cells in a Pgroup and then the pack will be unbalanced and useless.

Just gonna hope there is isolation between the cell casings too.

1 Like

All right thanks man.

1 Like

Wanted to bump this down, I edited this original post with more accurate info since I just noticed another price change on BulkBattery. This time it’s much more beneficial as our communities current golden child cell no longer has a price increase, but a price decrease!

8 Likes

I printed that vice too, handy little thing

I built a pack for someone with a similar situation. His weight may be on the battery sometimes (Raptor 1 deck) but theres zero overlap on the balance leads, and they are sandwiched between fishpaper. I think it will be fine. Worst case scenario a balance lead breaks from being squished (unlikely I hope), but let me know if you disagree

1 Like

New thread for battery pricing? :eyes:

1 Like

Cells aren’t supposed to be like stocks lol. Bulk didn’t raise prices one time in 2020, so these two price changes really surprise me. I figured it was import tax increase or something. If the trend keeps up not a bad idea to start one.

8 Likes