The battery builders club

Awesome, the 2 in 1 loop key would be great if it worked flawlessly. I wonder whether those leds are on for a long time…

With how many pins you ended up in your balance leads connector? Well, 14 I guess :sweat_smile:

Its a 14 pin plug, but I’ve actually only got 13 connected…

The negative balance connection for each pack is taken from the external charge leads.

Its not the LEDs that I’m worried about, its the fact that I’m trying to charge two separate batteries that are meant to be entirely isolated from each other… and with the ESC connection in the mix, they are not isolated. Last thing i want in my workshop is fire :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve done a few 12s8p p42 21700… I have a 44 DS Eboosted I will do a layout and send you a pic…

1 Like

Thanks Greig!

2 Likes

You’re welcome :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi guys,

Do you think it’s possible to make a 12s6p 21700 battery that fits with the dimensions of 385x147x60mm?

Is the builder on here? We need to talk…

11 Likes

That is fucking sloppy, unsafe work.

8 Likes

Is this a patch to cover burn through from too hot of welds?

4 Likes

That’s a lot of untinned copper and sharp edges they have there, :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

Honestly I’m concerned for the customer. I can see it going up in flames

3 Likes

The red and blue are 2 6p series groups

The green is nickel
Would that work in order to connect

For the series connection I want to do double stack 0.15 x 15mm or 0.2x25mm and do it from 2 cells (as shown)
Would 4 nickel strips support 200amps?

Thanks

1 Like

Expects to have 75km of range?
Not before they burn up in a fiery ball.

9 Likes

Those welds look so hooooot. I wouldn’t be surprised if that patch was covering some nickel that was blown through

2 Likes

it’s people like the one who made that shitty battery that make everything worse, they parade their garbage like its state of the art and then everyone gets hurt by it…especially the poor bastard who probably paid an arm and a leg to get hospitalized

7 Likes

You could call him… His number is listed when you click the contact button…

They’re in Canada tho

@Flasher We need you to give a moose kickin’ to a dumbass masquerading as a battery builder :yum:

Sorry but that thing is ugly as fuck…

And then people try to argue with me when I say Alberta is redneck country

4 Likes

They’ll also be partly in Saskatchewan, B.C. the No. Territories and Montana shortly after this thing explodes.

3 Likes