The battery builders club

This is a Diy battery?

What BMS?

Sounds like a bad cell/cells maybe idk.

1 Like

I don’t know what BMS i’d have to cut it open. I think i have to do that anyways.

Yeah if you can get to the balance wires you should be able to tell everything with a multimeter.

1 Like

that’ll be my next move… thx

What does the builder say?

3 Likes

Is there any problem with connecting my balance wires to the negative of the next cell, rather than the positive of the cell im balancing?

Reason being I have 3 layers of nickel everywhere except this one spot in every p group, would like to put my balance tab there as long as its all good…

2 Likes

No problem. It’s preferred and it’s also how mine is built.

This way you’ll have less tabs on the positive side and so less chance for shorts.

4 Likes

Excellent. I shall proceed.

1 Like

I don’t understand how you managed to fit 12s8p in hummie! I could barely fit 12s6p with dual ESCape inside! well done!

2 Likes

Series connections and balance tabs complete, all i need to do now is weld tabs for bus bars on pos and neg. Nearly there!

6 Likes

He stopped answering my emails after the first problem day one this battery had problems.

2 Likes

I freaking love this!
“So very enjoyable” lol

2 Likes

Dude, its the best.

2 Likes

12s8p in making for a Bioboards customer :smiley:

10 Likes

Why do you need 2 kCaps?

1 Like

To have a piece of mind :smile:

Longer life, less heat, more current all the good stuff haha

4 Likes

Hey Drone-

I’m confused on one aspect of this: Is this a different battery than the one you bought from @Psychotiller that had issues, or is it the same one and you sent it to @hyperion1 to be repaired?

Sorry, can’t quite remember.

1 Like

Yes this is the same battery I originally purchased from tiller. He replaced BMS, nickle strips and vented cell. Few days later more problems. I then had hyperion check it out. He replaced the BMS and p group (he sent pics and all) now after a few days…I got the problem I have now. I have the worst luck ever with this battery.

2 Likes

Im just about to order the kSupply and kCap… now you’ve got me thinking.

1 Like

Man, I hate to hear this. Hopefully we’ll hear something from them, because you deserve better than this.

2 Likes