The battery builders club

10 Likes

hi,

where can I find the APK of this app ?
I don’t have this on my LLT BMS.

1 Like

You can find it here.

I downloaded the file on the last link called: “APP 3.1” which seems to be the latest version. They ask for a password around when you launch the app, and you can provide your own (though not sure why it’s needed since they don’t even make you put it in when you re-open the app)

1 Like

I think it’s in the option, probs if someone try to connect to the battery/ change the parameter idk, i’m not sure

Aaanndd…where can I find one? :grimacing:

1 Like

I made a cute 3s charger for my kweld battery, and also added one to the lipo in my airsoft gun for easy charging while at the field… planning on making a low discharge portable 12.6v charger once I get my nickel.

10 Likes

k probably a really stupid question but i have an old battery and i want to change it from an underboard enclosure to a top mount
i want to make it around a quater of the length and 4 times as high

am i able to break the nickle in 4 places and then redo just those strips and use the pack like that?

thanks

daly on alibaba:

Technically yes? You run the risk of leaving really sharp bits of nickel poking places you dont want them to poke. Do you plan on removing the nickel after you break it apart? Are you going to spot weld the pack back together?

Your question basically breaks down to one about pack recycling. Yes, you can recycle the cells from your current pack into a new pack. Yes, it can be done safely. Are you looking for info on how to do this safely? If so, pictures of your pack as it sits and of what you want to turn it into would be helpful.

2 Likes

plan on try into to round or remove the nickel
also hopefully weld rather then solder but that depends whether i cna find someone with a spot welder locally

going to do so soon

I would advise that you just remove it. Use some flush cutters to roll the nickel off the cell like rolling up the lid of a sardine can. Be sure that you dont rest the flush cutters on or over the shoulder of the can, as you can and will punch through the insulation ring and cause a shoulder short. Ive done it. Be careful.

Then take a stone dremel bit or some non-metal sand paper and carefully sand the cell contacts smooth. Now its ready to be spot welded again.

No buts. Dont solder your pack. There are much quicker and easier ways to ruin your cells if thats what you want to do. I suggest throwing them in a fire if you like big booms.

If, on the other hand, you actually want to have a working, healthy pack at the end of this, do the right thing and spot weld it.

@ApexBoards are the only battery builders I know in the UK, but I’m certain there are more. Check the trusted battery builder list. Im sure if you prep your cells properly and all you need them to do is spot weld on some nickel so that you can finish up the pack, then it wouldn’t be too expensive.

Really though, I would say you should probably just pay a pro to do the whole pack recycling for you. Let them put in the work and do it safely.

5 Likes

Would be interested in asking apex customs if hey would do it would on them

Thanks so much for the write up

Will try to do this in the best way possible

Also I made a 3s4p LED strip battery out of ring doorbell batteries. It cost $0.75 a cell and they are LG D2 which I believe is a 5A 3000mah cell. Perfect application for them. I isolated the P groups then I cut the nickel leaving about 2cm hanging off and soldered to that. Then folded it up, added a tiny BMS and it works. Its going to go on my snowboard so I printed a case with a window for the voltage indicator. Hopefully these strips will last, they are IP65 and have VHB on the back. Last year I did this exact setup but only half of the cells and strips.

(image from last year)

6 Likes

Looking sweet dude, dont forget to post pics of it completed! :grin:

2 Likes

Prepping to build a 12s4p molicel p24a pack, and am wondering what size nickel to use.

I’m also wondering what the good sources of nickel are - are there any go to vendors for the stuff?

1 Like

What’s the pack configuration?

1 Like

you want this

5 Likes

12s4p molicel p24a or possibly 12s3p

2 Likes

Either way you want that. if 3p…just cut off extra nickel

2 Likes

thats exactly what i was looking for thanks!

3 Likes