The battery builders club

Queen battery, slow boat, apparently the best prices in large amounts, I never ordered from them tho

I really don’t like ordering cells from china. I like buying from someone in my own country with a reputation to loose. This way if they do send bunk cells, they make it right. China will just ghost you

2 Likes

I got a bunch from them. All good as far as I know. Took a bit, and lots of little box’s kinda sucked.

4 Likes

Speaking of those cells.
I’m building a 12s10p of 40t cells in a brick configuration.
I’m using DRI 8p pre cut nickel.

Here’s the space.

Cells are being stacked 10x2x6.
Basically 2 6s10p side by side.

Pretend the paper is nickel lol

My question is, what should I do with these undeded tabs?

A) fold over top and spot weld them down

B) cut them off

Any critiques about the planned configuration/assembly before I get any further?

3 Likes

Cut,

Unless u need balance tabs

4 Likes

Doing tabs off to the sides.

1 Like

BulkBattery is pretty much the best price for the quantities of cells we use in esk8. The cell market is constantly in flux though, so gotta keep an eye out if you want to always know where to grab a deal.

2 Likes

Fold and weld. Definitely doesnt hurt to have some extra ampacity.

4 Likes

My thoughts as well.

1 Like

I do like that option just because I don’t really have proper tool for clean cuts lol

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OCOWOK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bstIFb9PWHGQ3

Gotchu boo boo

2 Likes

I’m also debating between welding the whole pack 12 series long and then folding it in half.
Or making two 6s10p and running wire between to make the series connection.

I broke the bank buying $4 fish paper today lol.
Maybe next week. Need to sell more shit.
Luckily dudes on ebay love hot wheels and I got a bunch lol.

1 Like

Either. Many people frown upon folded nickel, but in a brick pack i don’t see an issue. Just make sure you have good insulation between the packs either way. A thin sheet of fibreglass works well

2 Likes

So not just fish paper?

I’d at least double layer fishpaper and have the pack held together really well to avoid vibrations between them

Edit: yeah thats all i did on the last one i did like that. Double fishpaper on both sides before folding together

3 Likes

That moment when you are short 12 50e cells :man_facepalming:t2: @kevingraehl you have any at your place?

13 Likes

:flushed: i’d be putting a few more fixings into that enclosure… thats fucking mental :rofl:

Is that gonna be 12s16p? :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Yes. But not home till Sunday. I can have my neighbor grab them if emergency

1 Like

Dude what the fuck…how many continents are you crossing?

6 Likes

Flipshit with a spot welder?

Would you trust them?