The battery builders club

I’ll be on them as a fat kid on cake

whats he for?

Desktop lasers like the glowforge won’t cut nickel, or so i’ve been told. The most affordable desktop metal sheet cutting system (meaning not somthing that has a spinning bit because that won’t work out either) is a Wazer, which is a desktop water jet.

1 Like

Finally finished this fucker. Not pretty, but should be a beast.

8 Likes

Looks imo are not that imporatant as long as everything is properly insulated and cables are tidy :tipping_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

Molicell M50A 12s5p
The middle series connection thats on the wrong angle is annoying but i guess it would look nicer than 2 extra blobs of solder if I would have corrected it haha

Extra physical insulators are printing atm :smiley:

5 Likes

My single drive ultra light board

Beautiful looking pack

1 Like

Is that pack going to have enough continuous discharge?

Daily if you need the space

Xiaoxiang if you have space

DIEbiems… if you need 80 amp discharge through the BMS? (edit: compatibility with DaveGA?) I don’t know what other features it has over the Xiaoxiang

for bypass the xiaoxiang is my current favorite.

2 Likes

This fact makes me thinking that we need a new hall of fame on this forum, devoted to ultra-light boards, because you, me and @surfnacho are building this kind of thingies already.

P.S. Actually, we could call them ultraboards if not @rusins :confused:

1 Like

Haha that would be a fun thing to add, I’m making my contribution at a mere 12 lbs (used to be closer to 11 when it was a penny board with a 5065 motor)

Edit: it was 12 lbs when it had the shitty enclosure and 5065

1 Like

@ZachTetra why did you choose that layout for your battery? I’m planning a 12s1p for my own featherlight™ board (happy, @kntzn?), and was going to do

+-+-+-
  -+-+-+

With the 6 cells on each layer connected in series before connecting both layers together. Less nickel that way.

2 Likes

In my enclosure I’m better off doing a double stagger because the esc is on the side, but folded packs and this ‘stagger spiral’ use the same amount of nickel actually

1 Like

Actually yeah, you’re right. Nevermind then :laughing:

Ayy, another VBMS user!

2 Likes

Is that the ANT bms? It came with so many wires… I put it on the shelf until my HV esc comes and I have a reason to use it. Any idea how it compares to the LLT smart bms?

1 Like

Lol i paid 10 bucks for the app, configured the battery and then claimed a refund on the app within the 2 hour window :sweat_smile: what can i say? I’m cheap.

5 Likes

yeah it’s the ANT. Its actually really simple to use and the app seems great.

I will likely use these again. This particular one had a 200mA balance current which is great compared to most bmses around

4 Likes

I’ve got one in my bike and it’s great. Totally worth the $10 to br able to do remote monitoring and control.

2 Likes