The battery builders club

Yeah that was my main concern

2 Likes

A little bit goes a long way, a thin bead down the entire length of the cell if you work it into that gap will be quite secure

3 Likes

You did not waste your time, because what if one of them was 1.75V?

Now you know that they were all good at the beginning. If there is ever troubleshooting later, this is a variable you can cross off the list.

5 Likes

The second life storage forums has a lot of info about powerwalls https://secondlifestorage.com/

1 Like

love it, thank you!

1 Like

First try cleaning up a battery I welded the nickle on the wrong side

Is this good enough?

This 0.22mm is tough to get off with out shredding it Iā€™m tempted to throw away all my 0.15 stuff away

What people think of the clean up any thing I could do differently/better?

2 Likes

Just waiting for my smart bms to show up so I can finish this 12s5p p42a

5 Likes

what enclosure is that?

Its from Dave. lol

1 Like

Nice big tub! i like it. i am working on my first battery for one of his enclosures, them things fit a lot of batteries! also your pack looks really good!

1 Like

Thanks man. His enclosures are prone to cracking and the battery being pretty heavy Iā€™m planning on mounting it to the deck.

1 Like

Making a charge-n-ride so Iā€™m never the small battery at group rides again, @Arzamenable

1. set up the converter to put out 50.4v. No load voltage was 50.4, dropped a bit when charging at 7.5 (!) amps.

2. pot the board in epoxy so the bits donā€™t shake off during a ride

3. ???

image image

6 Likes

What buck/boost circuit is this?

I will legit depend on mine to run over head leds, cellphone tower repeater, and MISC phone charging in a dark medical in a tent for 6 days.

4 Likes

This one yeah?

Haha, yeah, I have that sweet lil converter on order, will definitely get that going as well.

this one is a 600w unit available on amazon or wherever. I have had it sitting in my drawer for months.

It was @Skatardude10 that originally inspired me with the power tool range extender.

https://www.ebay.com/p/2194265205?iid=264747718116&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264747718116&targetid=935694487826&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9061237&poi=&campaignid=10829254710&mkgroupid=109722617954&rlsatarget=pla-935694487826&abcId=9300396&merchantid=108434799&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyLXI5Pzf6wIVEL7ACh1yhgQ_EAQYAyABEgLtaPD_BwE

1 Like

Only problem I had with mine was that top mosfet to the right of the pots in your picture, I didnā€™t pot that one for some reason and it broke loose after about 7 months of riding with it on my board. I heard it clinking around, soldered it back on, potted that one extra componentā€¦ Still works great. I donā€™t ride with mine anymore, but if I think iā€™ll need it, iā€™ve got mine packed in a pelican case with larger batteries that I can strap on as needed.

For $13, itā€™s been bullet-proof (with that little bit extra TLC of course).

2 Likes

Haha, I remember you saying something about that, and I have had caps pop off an esc riding so yeah, I potted the whole thing. I donā€™t think I will even be able to adjust it anymore. YOLO.

1 Like

Taped and glued. Tmrw, I risk fucking it all up

6 Likes

Thats what she said.

3 Likes

Can I get this on a shirt?

9 Likes

Is there anyone interested in liitokalaā€™s lii-500 (I have 2 )? I bought them this summer on amazon but still havenā€™t used them I think theyā€™re 29 USD on amazon (bought them 39 CAD) Donā€™t have to original boxes anymore but they are still wrapped in itā€™s bubble plastic pouch(?) and same for the US wall plugs

Selling 1 for $20 (USD) or both for $35+ shipping

I also have teslaā€™s model 3 2170 and a 6S smart bms rated for 60A if anyone is interested send me a pm :slight_smile: