The battery builders club

Hot glue

1 Like

The pgroups are all nice and tidy with fish paper. I donā€™t wanna cut corners on this one

1 Like

yeah 2-14 awg wires will do you good! Should be an easy solder job too!

I agree with @ZachTetra you need something to hold them in place, a bit of hot glue wonā€™t ruin anything, it will make your soldering life alot easier.

@Skyart
Iā€™m not soldering them yet. Waiting on fiberglass tape to arrive tmrw. Is that not enough?

1 Like

This is summoning someoneā€™s Ire. who will appear?

Hot Melt Adhesive

AKA

Why full ass tomorrow what you can half ass today, you just need enough glue to hold the groups temporarily. Once you have all the soldering done you can wrap it a few times with tape and stick the whole thing in shrink wrap

Besides, the tape and shrink wrap will try and slide the groups past each other, you want a healthy glob where the end of a group touches the middle of another to resist the shear

1 Like

Uhhā€¦ @b264?

1 Like

Iā€™d have to order a new gun. The old one is lost in the oblivion of storage.
Plus 3 kids waking up at 7 for daycare and school means I would probably botch it and hate myself after
(Its 10h35pm)

ewww LoLz

2 Likes

The best work is done after midnight but before the sun rise

3 Likes

Pretty sure thatā€™s when atleast 2 of my kids were made

4 Likes

:eyes:ā€¦

1 Like

The  best  work is done after midnight but before the sun rise. :rofl:

4 Likes

TouchƩ :joy:

3 Likes

ROFL!

@Flasher I would use both, a bit of glue, a bit of tape, and you have a nice solid pack!

Fineā€¦Iā€™ll buy one in the morning. Iā€™m past the time limit to get it by tmrw on Amazon

@ZachTetra @Skyart you guys mean at the blue arrows? Should I be complicating my life and try to put some at the red line too?

1 Like

The blue spots are important, the red ones are nice to have but not vital, I would make 2 blocks of 6 so you can get the corners in red, then glue the blocks together

Iā€™d start by gluing the flats then filling in the seam

Be conservative with the red if you do that since you want the blocks to mesh still, go ham on the blue though

3 Likes