The battery builders club

Absolutely. IMO, temperature control is the bare minimum feature to shoot for.

Directly heated tips (Hakko T12, Pace TDS100, TDS200 and WJS100, Weller RT, Metcal, the list goes on) are a major, MAJOR upgrade that should be considered, especially when knockoffs are available at double-digit price points, because not everyone needs a $200+ Pace soldering station for their occasional hobby work.

3 Likes

TS 100*

1 Like

Does there exist such a thing as a BLE module that you can hook up to a BMS to turn it into a smart BMS for cell monitoring?

1 Like

I donā€™t think it does because the pcb would probably need a special chip that would make it ā€˜smartā€™ and somewhat progammable, but if it does someone would correct meā€¦ right ??

1 Like

Weā€™d prolly all know about it if it did exist =/
Someone invent this please, thank you

4 Likes

there ya go

your next project

thanks for volunteering

6 Likes

become a computer engineer and make it yourself lmfao

1 Like

just $3.43 to my patreon/month thank you, goodbye

3 Likes

:eyes: :heavy_check_mark: :arrow_up:

2 Likes

Question about regen charging in vesc tool:

If you bypass the bms discharge like this:

Does the battery even get recharged when braking? I want to know if I have to set the regen brake charge to 0 if it isnā€™t going to be discharging by p-. Iā€™m pretty sure that p- isnā€™t necessarily needed, but I want to make sure my working bms doesnā€™t have more voltage due to braking, if the 2nd cells donā€™t do it.

Better safe than sorry.

When braking pretend the VESC is a battery/charger. So it looks like it is connected in that diagram.

1 Like

Thanks.

Hey, Iā€™m going to make a 10s3p pack and Iā€™m worried about LG MJ1 cells performance. I got a good deal on them, but they arenā€™t as widely used as 30q so I would like to confirm a few things first.

• If I understand correctly my 2 motors 15A peak current will take 30A in total. LG MJ1 have 10A max continuous current each. So by having a 3p pack I should be good?

• In terms of BMS any 10s 35A BMS should be sufficient? Or can I go lower with the amperage?

Thanks!

Welcome firstly. Second, the bms on that battery is fine since its 30amp continous (stronger than mine if I did one in 3p since theyā€™re samsung 35E cells). The motor probably gonna be based off on your vesc, so i wouldnā€™t worry about the motors since that will be based on your foc parameters. So the focus is splitting your batteryā€™s max current to 15A each motors. But do find out your max regen charging for that battery.

Its 1c or 5amps max regen charging. So 2.5amps per esc.

Since bestech D140 is not being manufactured anymore I have my eyes on this one.
http://www.bestechpower.com/32v10spcmbmspcbforlifepo4batterypack/BMS-D823.html
Charge onlyā€¦
Does anyone have it? Or recommendations on something simillar?
10s36v

Any tips on soldering 2 12 awg in parallel? Iā€™m planning on using two for each series connection.

1 Like

Personally, I would just solder then individually. In that sense, it can be considered as redundancy. So instead of both breaking off, itā€™s just one. Itā€™s also a little less work to just do both individually.

1 Like

I made some pretty small tabs (I didnā€™t think ahead) for what people would probably use for one thick wire, so I hope it just doesnā€™t heat it up so fast the other wire comes undone lol. otherwise im gonna need new wire or Iā€™ll have to redo my tabs

1 Like

My charger on my euc does the same everytime with the charger plugged in the outlet or not. It always has a zap when plugging into the charge port. But every euc I have owned does this

1 Like

I have 2 brand new one just sitting in my box of stuff

2 Likes