The battery builders club

Maybe I’ll get in touch w Jared and get the name of the bms… Would make me more comfortable having a wiring diagram from the vendor themselves.

Anyway, these are the pics of the original pack not the one I’m buikding if that wasnt clear. In pic 1 you can see the main neg terminal connection (12 awg black), balance lead 1 going into the 1st slot of the jst (white wire) and B- (black wire) soldered to the board into the B- trace.

In pics 4 and 5 you can see the main pos terminal (12awg red) balance lead 10 going from cell 10 neg terminal (white wire, second from the right) into the second last jst slot and another white wire (further to the right; what I had labelled B+) going from main pos terminal into the 11th jst socket.

1 Like

Ah, I see.
yeah, the first wire is not always used, depending on the BMS. usually if it is there it is labeled B0, which would make your B2 -> B1, and so forth.

1 Like

Ah, I gotcha. So it’s my error re labelling and not wiring. Appreciate the help brother :facepunch:

Anyone know where I can get those 30mm wide nickel strips/tabs for the busbar method (I think that’s what it’s called)

3 Likes

lmao get in line. A bunch of us are actually waiting on a shipment of the wide 30mm nickel. I’m not even sure if I’m gonna make the pick :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Haha soon my friends, in the coming months there will be enough for everyone, so far at least @whaddys, @kevingraehl, and I have large orders coming in

6 Likes

If someone is in emergency need of some 30x0.2mm stuff, I might be able to help with that. I just received 5 meters and I am not planning to use it for now. Already got my pack assembled with nickel from @ZachTetra.

Edit: all reserved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dibs, how much

1 Like

Sending a PM, I can sell it pretty much at cost

1 Like

I have some 1.5 X 25.5mm ladder nickel I could help some folks out with if ya need. Not nearly as sick as the good stuff, I know :pleading_face:

1 Like

Mine arrived. I have 37mm and 10mm and ladder and offset ladder. Most are .2mm. Pure.

6 Likes

@kevingraehl do you live in Shenzhen dude?? Didn’t you just order that shit like a week ago?

He paid for express

2 Likes

image image

First welds.

7 Likes

Overkill?

10 Likes

I think that’s a little hot, you want the nickel to rip not just seperate from the weld. The heat is weakening the material at the weld

1 Like

Probably, looks good for a 8x4 drivetrain though lol

1 Like

Overkill nah I would gladly take some that lol

1 Like

You’re not gonna believe it. But my company threw them out a couple hours after I saw them :sob:

Fellas, I’m having a little trouble sourcing shrink wrap for my pack. It’s 9 cells across and single stack so I think 190-200mm is about right but correct me if I’m wrong. Any one got a North American vendor? I really don’t wanna wait for the slow boat. Tia.

1 Like