The battery builders club

You mean do nothing with the pcb and just bypass them, use for charge only?

Well you only need it for charging right?

Yea charge only

I canā€™t see how that could be a problem. If you bypass the BMS, you simply donā€™t use the discharge features. Whether they are enabled or not is irrelevant.

1 Like

Yes. You connect the VESC(s) directly to the battery as if you didnā€™t have any BMS. In other words, the VESC(s) will be connected parallel to the BMS. You only connect your charger to the BMS.

1 Like

Thats bcoz i saw some of d140 that used here comes shorted circuit like they told me to do. And i was wondering why they need me to do the corrections and said its a mistake, thats why i have this confusion.

Yes this what iā€™m going to do, i just need you guys to convince me before wiring everything, thank you.

They sent me another email, I just leave it here incase someone also have same question about this.

Dosent the BMS need a battery neg to balance the first cell the first pin that the diagram dosent use might be a battery neg thatā€™s just not been labled see arrow.

The difrance is do you want the battery power passing thro the board or not? What advantage would this give apart from adding more resistance?

not sure why anything needs to be short circuited, just use it for charge only and leave the discharge circuit unused.

this:

and wiring:

Google Photos

1 Like

Yea their explanation confused me, thatā€™t why iā€™m asking here just to make sure. Iā€™ll wire them like your drawing, thank you.

1 Like

If youā€™re serious about amps and bottlenecks, 30T not 40T, and copper for series connections. With respect to bottlenecking current, adding nickel to parallel connections is not adding anything (depending un how you do series connections), the pcb is not adding anything. Doubling nickel is adding a little bit more current handling. Adding copper will add a LOT of current handling.

Who is a battery builder who is willing to build a 10s 4p pack of 30Q with a charge only bms? I am located in Texas, US

And maybe also an enclosure if they can

1 Like

Looollll!

Here in europe we have to use lead free solder in consumer electronics.

Lead free solder just take some learning time to have great solder joints

1 Like

I mean tell that to Microsoft xbox360 RROD was due to cold solder joints after switching to lead free. Is there really such a big health concern with a small amount of lead?

1 Like

Ummā€¦https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/02/17/lead-poisoning-and-the-fall-of-rome/?noredirect=on

https://jnnp.bmj.com/content/71/2/200.short

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199001113220203

I mean ya donā€™t drink or eat the shit as it accumulates. As long as youā€™re working in a well ventilated area and keep it clean the risk of lead exposure is fairly limited.

Honestly the rosin fumes are of more concern Imo.

Also from your 'ā€¦concluded that such concentrations were ā€œunlikely to have been truly harmful.ā€ The group also claimed that enough criticism of Nriaguā€™s theory had been amassed over three decades to largely debunk it.

ā€œLead is no longer seen as the prime culprit of Romeā€™s demise,ā€ Delile wrote.

Iā€™m getting some strange readings from my balance charger after assembling my battery.

As a reminder, I have a Graupner Ultramat 18, which allows 12s charging using 2 6s balance ports.

Now when I plug in the battery pack in only using the balance ports and not the main charge port, I get a the following readings:

1. 3,43
  2. 3,43
  3. 3,43
  4. 3.44
  5. 3.40
  6. 3.43
  7. 0
  8. 4.1
  9. 3.43
  10. 3.43
  11. 3.42
  12. 3.42

When I plug the main charge port in, all the readings change slightly, but stay around 3,4v, even 7 & 8:

1. 3.443
  2. 3.455
  3. 3.427
  4. 3.473
  5. 3.375
  6. 3.437
  7. 3.415
  8. 3.429
  9. 3.425
  10. 3.428
  11. 3.418
  12. 3.423

Iā€™ve tested with only one balance cable at a time and all readings are roughly 3,4.

The Graupner charger has this in the manual about how the balance ports should be set up:

Any advice would be appreciated.

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/10s4p-battery-pack-for-loaded-vanguard/

He is in the US tooā€¦ @eBoosted