The battery builders club

I think there is something in the beginner guides. But I could add a short info to the first post if that helps. EU definitely nkon.nl is the place to buy cells and nickel as well as fishpaper and spacer or stuff.
About Spotwelder, there is the kweld, malectrics, next level spotwelder and the sunkkos, but I would need some help of you guys, sharing experience with any of them.

2 Likes

This is my first pack. Still have balance lines to connect. But series are complete and verified voltage through each p group as I went along. 11S5P

12 Likes

This is the one part of the builds that I am uncomfortable with as I donā€™t have any experience with spot welding or welding for that matter. I would love to learn but the supplies to build your battery kind of outway the buy the pack when you need a pack.

2 Likes

If you have a lipo battery capable of handling the boss level mini spot welder, Iā€™m almost done with my packs so I could send it to you and when you done you can send it back.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have any cells to spot weld. Thanks for your offer though dude.

2 Likes

maybe you want to just draw it and post it here how you think it should be? (like, pencil and paper) :wink:
More easy for us to imagine than how you plan to wire it up.

2 Likes

Picture of layout

1 Like

Why are they in odd groups like that? Got pictures of your batteries?

3 Likes

why you donĀ“t just make 12x 3p packs? that should work as well.
I mean, how you want to balance your layout than? like above thatĀ“s going to be a bit not so easy.

1 Like

2 Likes

Bit to answer your question, your diagram wont produce a 12s3.

If you series all the packs, you get a 36s (151v).

1 Like

arenĀ“t compression packs parallel packs and not serial packs?

which compression packs you plan to use?

1 Like

Lord Skatan

2 Likes

Hold on! Let me draw you something up real fast. I just realized something lol

2 Likes

it would be new to me that winflys modules are serial packs. that would not make sense at all as it would make balancing super difficult. i would have one more look into it on your place.
just get 12 3p packs and you good.

1 Like

Here is how it will have to be wired for 12s3p. Ask question before you attempt to make sure you understand whats going on.

1 Like

you can split one 3p into 2p and 1p form one side to the other. itĀ“s more easy than to make s count packs. really, how you want to balance the s-count packs than? you would need a balance wire for each cell. you also would neet to cut the braid or what ever is the latest material into 2cell strips and islolate them form each other. thatĀ“s not gonna work well.

1 Like

IĀ“m sure if space is the issue, than all the wires he would need for this set up will not work as well. just a thought on the side.

4 Likes

I didnt say it would fit lol. He just wanted to know how it should be wired up lol

2 Likes

if you can fit it like the picute above, you can fit it also by using 3p and just split of one to 2p and 1p. just my 2ctā€¦

2 Likes