The battery builders club

That wow at the end killed me.

9 Likes

You donā€™t have to charge to full to build the pack. Could do them all at 3.7.

Cells will bleed back a bit. Then again, a 0.1V change is nothing and could be beyond the true accuracy of the voltmeter you have anyway

2 Likes

Vvvvverrrrry nice looking!

1 Like

you got a link to that tape you use?

Yes those are 9p staggered with 5 cells on the bottom and 4 on top then itā€™s the same thing by flipped next to it

I think these are considerably better no?? Maybe slightly too hot?

1 Like

How many joules you running?

33.3 on 1.5mm nickel

Maybe 30? I found that the negative ends need a bit more powerā€¦so Iā€™d do 30J for positive and 35J for negative maybe? Itā€™s all close enough that it doesnā€™t really matter

1 Like

totally dude, I noticed this as well. Iā€™ve started changing the J just slightly between neg and pos sides. Iā€™m getting betterā€“this whole art really is just practice. Iā€™m glad I have these salvaged cells and thin nickel to practice with. Perhaps Iā€™ll give away this 13s practice battery when Iā€™m doneā€¦

IF IT BLOWS UP HEY IT WAS FREE :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Turn up the current untill you see heat marks, then dial it a bit back more heat is better then less when welding

Haha, I have a 6s3p of fake 30Q cells with a broken BMS if anyone wants that too :joy:

1 Like

from my read, thatā€™s the creator of the kweld saying. comparing joules reading between setups isnā€™t very useful. because it can be inconsistent between setups. it is useful for consistency though.

it does seem like people compare joules a lot though.

Itā€™s the easiest thing to do, but thatā€™s why I wanted to know the set up he was using, now itā€™s a relative measurement

1 Like

I"m hands up for some dead cells for practice welds. and any advice on practice welding.
and any extra 2mm nickel for the same.

also looking for wide 2mm nickel 25mm or 30mm for my p42a builds upcoming. probably getting that from @iamasalmon when his shipment comes. but putting it out there.

1 Like

My joules are bigger than your joules

7 Likes

Big joule energy?

5 Likes
5 Likes

Damn, you got me

2 Likes

Hi guys back again with a spot welding safety question.

Whatā€™s a good way of welding leads to this positive terminal?

I was thinking of doing this, but I realized if I try to weld the middle strip between cells it could go all the way through to the batter negative:

Any ideas? I only have 8x0.15mm strips.

1 Like