The battery builders club

Yeah, definitely a little hot. A few of these holes look like you blew through the nickel. Did you do a pry test to see how strongly adhered the nickel is? Could be from too much power, dirty leads or not enough pressure when welding.

1 Like

Yeah bro, i use a 14 pin gx20 connector :+1:

The only thing I donā€™t like about it is that the pins are boardside, not plugside. Shorting the balance port is not fun. But I added some extra protection with a silicone cap that i had for my vape, it fit perfectly :rofl:

3 Likes

Why not use female sockets there?

As far as i know, the gx plugs only come in this orientation with the male on the panel mount side, female on the plug

2 Likes

Ah ok. Shouldnt be impossible to find the right thing. Must exist :grinning:

What charger did you buy

That looks like a problem you can fix with JB Weld

UP1200AC Plus. Its a beast. I got it from aliexpress

5 Likes

Dayum thatā€™s big

3 Likes

Yeah, you donā€™t wanna be carting it around. But thereā€™s nothing wrong with just using a brick charger while you are on the road, just make sure you donā€™t overcharge.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll wait for this. Donā€™t want to blow up figuring this out myself.

Hurry up kook

1 Like

iā€™m gunna need moar SSSSā€™s

1 Like

ā€¦donā€™t fergitā€¦ I have your addyā€¦ I might just send you a ā€œshit-stirrinā€ spoon

:tumbler_glass: :doughnut: :doughnut:

2 Likes
2 Likes

EDIT: Iā€™m building something similar

2 Likes

Does this look fine for my 12s3p pack? Nickel is 8mm x 0.15mm.

2 Likes

Looks great, make sure to spot weld one piece of nickel at a time, most welders have a hard time going through 2 pieces of nickel stacked

2 Likes

Not really? That post explains how you can use a balance charger like the d6 pro?

1 Like

I meant my charger solution is going to be similarā€¦ but MOAR volts and ampsā€¦ havenā€™t had the time to perv your link

Resistance is inverse add in parallel, no? So you should be seeing 1/ (1/.0221 + 1/.0221) which gives you 0.01105 ohm and with a voltage difference of .05/.01105 = 4.5A. Therefor, anything higher than a .25V delta seems to me to be unsafe.

1 Like

In this case you need to think about them as being in series. I can draw a pic when I get home in an hour.

Here is also a good link with pretty much the same equation I used: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/64509/different-batteries-connected-in-parallel

1 Like