The battery builders club

That’s a great little charger… I got a couple as well…

see on your charger balance port the neg. sign?

Plug your JST balance plug in neg. port to neg balance, the other pins you don’t need for 3s

(BTW… I’d probably read the directions before plugging a battery in… you know words to the wise)

EDIT:

I don’t know what you’re doing with a 3-pin… see Ryan post above first… then my post

2 Likes

Also JST XH is 2.5mm pitch, not 2.0. 2.0 is PH. You should get one of these balance adapters that breaks out the 7-pin 6s balance connector into 2,3,4,5 and 6s sockets. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=balance+adapter

2 Likes

what he said.
Actually for this battery, I ran out of 4pin connectors, so I just used the first 4 pins of a 6pin connector. works fine.

2 Likes

Oh this is sick, $7 broken cHAChinG

:joy: :joy: :joy: :man_shrugging: what can I say. other than poop

3 Likes

1 Like

i do that on lipo all day 🤷
my auto is set to 1s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a great trick.

@whaddys once you have done this, strip the silicone from the 8awg and fully tin the exposed copper. If it is too big to fit into the bullets of the xt90, you can take a dremel with a cutoff wheel and ‘whittle’ down the tinned ends until they fit.

3 Likes

Or you can go full barbarian like me and take a set of flush cutters to it because you’re too impatient to dig up a dremel and appropriate bit.

4 Likes

Does anyone have a spare pair of the crimped battery side terminals for a kWeld? I’m getting very self conscious of my solder and it’s bothering me :sweat_smile:

Lol. My dremel lives with all the battery building stuff, so useful.

2 Likes

what about using 12awg for the connector and then fusing the 12awg into the 8awg?

1 Like

Might as well cut some of the strands of the 8awg at that point

1 Like

Its a bottleneck, but the xt90 is a bottleneck anyway. So sure, why not.

2 Likes

how many j do you use?
and what lipos do you use?

hopefully they improved their design

my thoughts exactly :sweat_smile:

You could at least use 10awg with XT90

1 Like

They’re out of 30Q now as well… :frowning_face:

1 Like

25-45ms on malectrics
turnigy hd 5Ah 60c, got a larger S count and broke them down to 3S x3, use only one at a time and cycle through when they heat up. just retired them after 2+ years use.

3 Likes

The JST is a open plug, you just plug the lipo lead into it it will accept 2S-6S plug. You will need an XT90 to XT 60 adapter tho.

malelectrics is way different from kweld, kweld doesnt pulse.
best is to compare apples to apples :smiley:

1 Like