The battery builders club

No, just protecting inventory. I literally need it all .

I have other sources that are $40 per kg . But not interested in them. happy to give those away.

Greedy? I can tell you what I’m paying per kg. I haggled pretty well.

1 Like

Do you guys not want a 1-3 day option for nickel>? I’m not going to be making shit off of it> but knowing the headache I go through to get bulk wide shit, I will but a meter at a time for those in asap need.

I paid 200 for asap 5 feet of nickel a month ago. *(300mm wide). But got in in less then a week.

When you need it, you need it.

Soon, i’ll have 30 daly bms i’ll be offering up here. And a bunch of dickyho mounts. Stateside

The man who puts his hard earned cash up and sits on inventory has the right to charge accordingly .

Am i really that hated around here? I promise, i’m half the dick IRL. Is it so bad that i’m honest and direct. Would you rather I be two faced?>. Like 75 percent of the world out there>?

Ok… another beer for me… Just realized I glued a cell upside down in the middle of the pack and have to do some magic to fix it

10 Likes

So you need it for yourself to sell.

5 Likes

i see what you did there! :fist_right:t4: :moneybag: :fist_left:t4:

4 Likes

Kevin makes me laugh sometimes. I always feel like this is him: 894

10 Likes

This man must love costco

4 Likes

Mail callllll!

Another one.

And pulleys from dumbdumb boards. That idiot, the same day I finally messaged him to say “cancel this, lacroix sent them already, I have them on hand” he shipped them out. Why?

2 Likes

@sesat any progress on that a123 psu BMS?

2 Likes

For my 12s8p, I have 66 cells that were the same voltage and 33 cells that were a little off (within ±0.2v). How should I arrange the P groups? Make 8 groups with the good cells and 4 groups with weird ones or spread them evenly among all 12 P groups? I already marked the good and suspicious cells with different color fishpaper insulators so later I can tell which are which.

have you run a discharge/capacity resistance check on the suspect cells?

do the suspect cells maintain voltage over a couple of days?

1 Like

Ordered a couple cells today for some new packs.

Hope this box looks impressive enough to help me forget about the state of my bank account.

11 Likes

I don’t have any way to check for capacity but so far over the past 24 hours they haven’t changed at all. I’m probably gonna give them a week to check for self discharge.

Definitely evenly distribute the off cells

1 Like

Its pretty impressive :sunglasses: but mine usualy come in 2 boxes

2 Likes

Next time you’re using heat sink glue. I learned something.

1 Like

Evolve 30Q mod, LHB style:

Every piece of nickel or solder next to balance wires isolated with hot glue + kapton, my favourite combo :yum:

10 Likes

Kapton tape

no i suck i haven’t figured out how to get it to talk to me over uart or usb yet

1 Like

:exploding_head: you have the packs wrapped in insulation but you run balance wires across bare terminals?

3 Likes

There is kapton between balance wires on sides and cells. I know kapton is not meant for insulation, but there won’t be any hard forces on sides of battery.