The battery builders club

I would bet that something went wrong in bms during balance wires connecting phase. Never leave balance plug in bms when doing that.
You are 100% sure that balance wires are in right order? Did you check that with multimeter on plug?

unfortunetely i didnt, i know thats dumb, i connected them like on the scheme i send a picture earlier

You can build one with a DPS and a balance bleed board. Like that you can charge anything from 1s to 16s

i have checked the balance wires and all af them ale wired properly

Yeah, theyā€™ll screw into the existing terminals. Or more accurately, the existing screws will tighten the ring terminals against the tabs

I mean if the screws go into the side of the NESE module youā€™ll have to carve out pockets in the sides of the deck for the screw heads and tabs

1 Like

They go on top and bottom, not the side. The green nese is an example of one completely assembled. For the horizontal white NESE, Iā€™m thinking of breaking it down into 1S4P to get around routing the deck. Still not sure what to do about balance wires though :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah balance wires kinds suckā€¦Iā€™d say solder the balance wires to the nickle and drill a small hole that pops out the top of the modules for that wire to come out of

1 Like

The thing is Iā€™m not sure there is enough space on top with the current NESE. In talks with Agniusm right now on potentially thinner NESE. Itā€™ll just take a while though :frowning:

Alternatively, any dangers of balance wires being crushed? If not, Iā€™ll just run them on top and call it a day :stuck_out_tongue:

How much space is between the top of the NESE and the bottom of the lid?

1 Like

The enclosure is suppose to be 23.5mm. The NESE are suppose to be 22 +/- 1 mm. So itā€™s pretty close :stuck_out_tongue:

how to check if the bms is dead or not?

Well, it gives only some small voltage out? 2.6v?
Similar thing happened to me few times with few bms, but I knew I have shorted them. Just small voltage output and unusable bms. Buy new bms, at least charge only are nit expensive

1 Like

thats true, i have just ordered one frome ebay, thanks for help

1 Like

It wasnā€™t my charger. Believe me, I would not have sold it if I owned it.

@iamasalmon @privacydoctor thanks dudes, but I absolutely cannot be fucked with that adventure. Happy to buy a good product rather than fuck around.

2 Likes

At this price point I havenā€™t seen an other 6-12s balance charger that would be comparable.
The Icharger are probably better but also close to be the double in price.

1 Like

Excellent. I knew I could count on you.

I did have a good google last night but there isnā€™t a hell of a lot of information/opinion out there, especially regarding the up1200ac.

But after my limited use with it, my gut tells me itā€™s good.

2 Likes

Cheaper option could be dual 6s charger and mid pack loop key. Charge each half pack at the same time. Maybe not ideal - not the same as a dedicated 12s charger, but cheaper. I have a t240duo which is about $100. NZ$ 92.20 12ļ¼… Off | HTRC T240 DUO RC Charger AC 150W DC 240W Touch Screen Dual Channel Balance Discharger For RC Models Toys Lipo Battery

1 Like

Cheers bro, but it doesnā€™t need to be cheap! The up1200ac will do 2 x 12s (or less) at a time, definitely donā€™t wanna be fucking around with split packs.

2 Likes