The battery builders club

I used hot glue and a 3D printed mold to make the p-packs hold shape while I weld it, then I can crack the glue off with a hook tool…works like a charm

Once this is shrink wrapped it shouldn’t go anywhere ever…it’ll be wedged in the enclosure and pressed down with foam

1 Like

yeah looks like it will be a nice pack. what board is this going on?

My eMTB…comp 95, matrix II, f5, five star (getting polymer pulleys), 12s7p 30q, dual Focbox (getting v6 dual neobox), vx2, fs 6384

She’s due for an upgrade…running a 10s2p rn :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

that will be one sweet ride!

1 Like

I hope so, I’ve been sitting on the battery box and riding it like a go-cart around campus since it’s not ready for long range or high power :joy:

1 Like

When your welders prongs are too short for your needs…this should be safe right?

4 Likes

I would throw some tape around those or some sort of heat shrink and just leave the tips exposed :sweat_smile: just in case of accidental contact

2 Likes

It’s melting holes in the nickel at the same settings… shouldn’t it need more pulse time/current?

1 Like

The one side wants to explode

1 Like

Because the probes are now a larger conductor they are able to carry more current. Maybe dial back the settings a bit

2 Likes

Wait I figured it out, the long probes have way more leverage so they don’t actually have enough pressure and just spark rather than weld…works just fine with a painter stick pushing on it

Is it possible to open it and tighten the springs?

2 Likes

not sure what you mean by open it

Open the welder and get at the springs inside, the knob at the top is broken

Edit: nvm, just stuck some foam in the front and I’m getting these welds, definitely passes the pull test

3 Likes

looks good to me

1 Like

In 60 days I might regret when this thing arrives to my country…But for now, under quarentine, I am happy to have some spectation about it…Oh yes, I bought it…

4 Likes

This is an excellent “for science” experiment. I await the hijinx…

4 Likes

If my Kweld averages 1300A per pulse, and that one does 100A… My speculation is you paid $30 to discover you want a real welder, a smaller price to pay than many who bought sunkkos first.

8 Likes

I doubt 100A will go through any decently sized nickel strip :see_no_evil:

Its used to power on and off a MOT,I have on but didnt get it to make any good spotwelds :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I found this older portable battery, and decided to crack it open based on the fact that it claimed a 5v output and had a mini bms I could have salvaged (yeah call me cheap)
But I was surprised to find it was a cylindrical cell 18650 and not a small Lipo or pouch cell in series, I was presuming it was li-ion and their ‘5v’ claim was false, So I charged it, and stuck it to a multimeter… and it is in fact, 5v.
So are they just over charging the poor battery or is this some fabled cell I’ve never seen before?
Maybe I’m just dumb and overlooking some chemistry we just don’t use… but come on it’s practically a 30q