The battery builders club

i just hooked them up with a parallel connector…I think they do it that way to get the 50A discharge out of it. here’s the connector i used

1 Like

You can definitely make those cheaper…

2 Likes

yes, I agree… but that’s part of my learning process. I’ll buy more than i need to tear one down to see how it’s made and attempt a build of my own. also gives me something to compare my work to.

4 Likes

For when you decide to make your own. This method works pretty well for doing a Y-Splice

5 Likes

… if you value your time at less than 10$ an hour.

3 Likes

Depends on what I’m doing…

Oh soldering? Fuck that

2 Likes

Lol like we are worth anything at night, we put motors on skateboards because pushing a was too much :joy:

2 Likes

I recently built a 12s3p flexible pack. I am hopping for some honest feed back. :worried: :worried: :worried:

Materials:
Samsung 30Q Cells
0.2mm x 8mm Nickel Strips
12awg wires
Bestech D-223 Balance Wires
3p 18650 PCBs
1/4" Tinned Copper Braid

6 Likes

Looks perfect, except…

You forgot the fispaper between the p-gropus! A little bit of vibrations back and fort and the negatively charged outside cell casings of the adjacent p-groups will short and could cause a thermal runaway.

If you have some more heat-shrink left, you just have to remove the one you put on, wrap the bottoms and sides of the groups with fish paper, and then reseal. Other than that, you’re Gucci! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

As well as @rusins suggestion I would also suggest insulation on the cell terminals. Shrink wrap doesn’t provide much abrasion resistance, neither does kapton tape.

3 Likes

Doh! Forgot about that. I guess I assumed it was for a Haya or something :laughing:

1 Like

When you are talking about insulation on the cell terminals do you mean the insulation between the two halves of the pack?

1 Like

Yeah bro

1 Like

The heat shrink I used is polyoelfin not PVC and it is fairly thick so I thought it would be enough.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rely on it, especially in a flex pack

2 Likes

Is that stuff used on graphene packs?

1 Like

no idea

1 Like

PSA: Don’t do any of this.

12 Likes

At least there’s fishpaper on… Oh. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Ok I’ll stop now.