The battery builders club

I have one for jst pins. Not sure if that one will work with this pins as well.
And yes it makes life easier, but 20$ for two plugs to crimp :man_shrugging: Idk

But from the other side, I guess in the end it will not be only two plugs and I curse myself why I didnā€™t bought oneā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

I just looked up my favorite pair and they are no longer for sale :sob:

But from memory they cost like 35AUD so not much

1 Like

ā‚¬ 17,05 20ļ¼… Rabatt | Draht-elektrode schneiden crimper crimpen werkzeug fĆ¼r Dupont 2,54/XH2.54/2,8/3,96/4,8/2510 /5557 terminal 0,08-1.0mm2 AWG28-18 zangen
https://a.aliexpress.ru/caKPUKt8

Looks like that one will work

Exactly why I boughtā€¦ several pairs :rofl: crimpers for every occasion :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah, thatā€™s what I would call crimping pliers. I have ones too. I thought you were talking about something like this:

3 Likes

Just checked the pins again and I could be lucky that my crimp tool will work with them too.

1 Like

:rofl: that may be worthwhile for somebody like yourself! But I reckon I can do without one of them :rofl:

2 Likes

Any idea what wire gauge are used on the 16pin plugs? 24AWG?

I was using 20awg

3 Likes

I used 26 AWG on my DieBieMS.

2 Likes

So 24AWG looks like the middle way than :joy:
Just want to be sure the wire is not too big to fit good into the crimp contacts.

24 AWG should be just fine.

1 Like

Color doesnā€™t matter, I need only 1 or 2 M,F. Not more.

Watched the short video in that listing. I want itā€¦ $500 is close to the cost of branded handheld crimpers. Haha I bet that machine is a pain in the ass, youā€™re supposed to buy the $4000 one. I wonder if you need a different machine for XH vs PH, etc.

Sending PM

1 Like

Dude youā€™re awesome!

3 Likes

Working on it every day. 2020 goal, drawing the perfect circle :relieved:

9 Likes

It is a typical ATX standard 16 pin power connector

1 Like

Looking for some nickel size recommendations. First battery build.

Building a 10S4P 40T flat pack for a rigid deck. Cells running lengthwise with the length of the board. Iā€™ll run 40 batt max per side.
Planning 0.2mm-0.25mm (0.3 if my maelectrics can do it)

considering 40mm nickel and folded series connections

Also considering 40mm nickel and folded tabs which allows the series connections on top. Probably copper bar or 10awg wire loops.

Just wanted to make sure either sounds sufficient for the max potential load. Canā€™t find much info beyond 10mm width
Either one of these better from a longevity standpoint?

That sound good for me. Use 2x 14-12 awg instead of 1x 10awg and solder one between first and second cell and second between third and 4th cell.
That allows shared load and a flexy pack which is always good even if you have a stiff deck.

I wouldnā€™t suggest using the nickel folding method for serial connections.

3 Likes

Donk know if you already figured it out but thats a atx connector.

1 Like