The battery builders club

I usually have the probe wires running over my hand, so can feel when they start to heat up it’s time for a beer break :rofl:

2 Likes

How do you plan on charging this guy?

2 Likes

Single use pack

3 Likes

My biggest fear

1 Like

That’s gotta hurt :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s probably a charge and discharge thru the same port bms.

4 Likes

I thought that might be the case too, hope so!

2 Likes

It’s a same port charge/discharge BMS from dickyho.

2 Likes

This is a noob friendly board that I can borrow to friends.

For slow welding, maybe a battery or two per year, a lipo will be sufficient

If you want to weld for longer periods of time, a little faster then you will need capacitors because lipos will overheat and blow

2 Likes

Curious which one will performe better 12S12P 30Q or 12S8P 40T what do you think?

1 Like

12P * 15A=180A // 12P * 20A=240A
12P * 3Ah=36Ah

8P * 35A=280A
8P * 4Ah=32Ah

1 Like

40T testing determined it was more of a 25A cell or 30 if temps are controlled. So that brings it to 200A continuous on the pack with 1382Wh versus 1,555Wh on the 12s12p

2 Likes

Yes, those are the specs on paper :call_me_hand:

All this means nothing in real world situations. I’m really curious how it will go. I will update you in a few weeks, when we finish the 2nd prototype.

1 Like

To be fair, just about everyone else is happy with lipos. :slight_smile: If you’re building for yourself and can take your time, lipos are great. If you’re building as a service, have done it a bunch of times so you’re fast, it’s not hard to push it and blow up the lipos.

@Acido did you get the capacitors? Much better?

1 Like

Bench testing correlates to real world testing? :man_shrugging:

What is the information you seek?

1 Like

I’m looking more for acceleration, top speed, range and max A.

I’m sure most people here would go with the 30q because it will have more range. With a battery that size the difference in acceleration will be negligible since I don’t think you will even come close to pulling that many battery amps. @Chricious

1 Like

Oh, I have already the 30Q and I maxed out 114A battery and 160A motor current in 80A setting. Next test will be at 90A and if the temperature is fine, we will try 100A each. I think at that point their will be a difference, but not sure in which direction though. Range should be in both setups more than enough, but I’m curious to test it anyway.