The battery builders club

It sure is. I claimed a couple of big rolls of it from work a couple years ago and i’m running very low. It will be a sad day when its all gone

If I saw it hold up on a MTB off roading for over a year I would feel confident recommending. If you have extra room in an enclosure I could see using this method to make the battery a closer fit.

1 Like

In the realm of esk8 costs is it really?

1 Like

Compared to fishpaper, I think so

But it’s not the same as fishpaper.
It is also adhesive

Double adhesive :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Even better

• Foam VHB is going to flex a little…which is really, really bad.
  • The surfaces need to be prepared (cleaned) for the tape to hold well…which is inconvenient.
  • Its ability to resist wear-thru from all that vibration is unknown…which is worrying.
  • It’s expensive…which is, umm…expensive.

It’s incredibly cool stuff but I think sticking with the known great options might be better.

3 Likes

Is Fogstar Wholesale still the best value place to pick up cells if you’re in the UK?

2 Likes

@xsynatic may know.

I am from Germany and have never ordered from them.

So i do not, sorry.

2 Likes

That’s my bad I misread UK to just mean Europe. Uneducated American activities.

I’d imagine w Brexit that it makes things a bit more complicated but Fogstar is based out of the UK so @Geo_Engineering_FTW should be good. They are a well-known and very solid battery vendor afaik.

2 Likes

I’m curious. Link?

I use the non adhesive fishpaper kind

2 Likes

Is this legit?

It’s possible. We are getting closer and closer to the actual thing being available. I think our man Mooch is on the case

7 Likes

@Battery_Mooch ^

He ordered them alr. He’ll evaluate but I dont doubt their legitimacy.

3 Likes

18650BatteryStore is a trusted vendor, these could be pre-production samples that cannot be sold in their original wraps…just a guess for now though. It’s a sensitive topic for the industry.

I’ve ordered two of each of the Epoch “P45B” and “P28B” for testing for my patrons. The results will be publicly posted a few days after that.

10 Likes