The battery builders club

I’ll pay you shipping :smiley:

No, they are different pin counts unlike llt. I think the new Daly’s also use some weird locking jst.

Too late, the gf already claimed it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Curse you womaaaaan!

2 Likes

The battery is fine btw, I was really surprised, I think it has sat in at least two rain falls.

tbh reading in this order makes me contradict myself :thinking:

1 Like

No, i had a batch of all the same size 12s dalys, and some of them had different jsts than others. The difference was only small and they were the same size, but they wouldn’t fit into each other :expressionless:

3 Likes

Sadge. I guess I have to do the balance leads then

2 Likes

Such a pain

Hey all, ive not used my battery for almost exactly a year (neither charged nor discharged it) and the current voltage on the BMS indicates this:

Seems like series 11 is out of whack with the others, will this be an issue? - the batter has had around 20 charge cycles in total (probably less), just want to get an idea whether it’s still good (i plan to sell it)
Total pack Voltage is 43.29, which i undestand means it’s ok?

It may balance out. Give it a few cycles of use. All cells are still within safe range so I’d give it a go

1 Like

seems like the battery is a bust. How do yiou guys dispose of faulty batteries?

Give them away on facebook marketplace to powerwallers

3 Likes

Ive not a working board anymore so no way to test it unfortunately. Looks like it’l have to get chucked.

Honestly this may be it

just searched for this, cant see anything:

Curious, is this dangerous to use as is? Like what are the risks of using it? I was going to put it in another build since i barely used it and woldnt have even checked the battery levels, but illness has prevented me from doing that so I was going to sell it.

If you put a marketplace ad up for “Free battery pack 21700 for salvage” or something I’m pretty sure you’ll find someone wanting to take it pretty quick. I’m not the most experienced, but to me, if that is after a year I’d think the pack is still salvageable. Clearly, group 11 is self-discharging more than the rest, but it’s not like it killed itself and if someone went through the trouble of getting things balanced again and regularly used it I would think it’s still got some kind of life left. Trying to balance it on a charger without anything else would take something like weeks or months though.

1 Like

Probably none. Your pack is within safe voltages. If it balances out, then nothing. If it stays unbalanced or gets worse then you have to dump it.

1 Like

OK, so it’s a risk untill proven otherwise.